Shutter : Hollywood Version  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I love Asian movies ever since I watched some of the Chinese comedy and the Korean horrors
  • I guess you can never really say that only Hollywood makes the best movies in the world

• by jaqui

I love Asian movies ever since I watched some of the Chinese comedy and the Korean horrors! I guess you can never really say that only Hollywood makes the best movies in the world. Shutter is one of the horror films I love.

Believe me as I say that this is by far the best horror I watched and

it sent chills in my bones even to this day remembering the scenes.

This movie was made into an English version; Joshua Jackson played the lead star, they made few changes with the script that was supposed to be okay so they would be “original” but it was not good at all.

The movie was nothing compared to its ...

• original version, not even half of it.

The English version did not have the same impact as the Thai version.

The execution of the rolling camera was kind of dull, slow and did not have the ability to scare the viewers.

They could have done so much more to improve the movie; there were a lot of things they

left out that was kind of important in the story.

Too much of other things not needed in scenes were placed in the movie but it did not help the movie at all.

I guess I got really overwhelmed by the Thai version, but this film concludes that most remakes, if not all are just half as good as the original.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11908427480531/k2311a089/8.9.08