Forbidden Kingdom  » Movies  »
  • I was very excited when I learned that Jackie Chan and Jet Li, two of Asia's most popular martial arts actors, are going to star in one movie
  • I really waited for this movie to be shown and I must say that I wasn't disappointed when I finally saw it
  • What I love most about this movie are the many fun action and fight scenes (choreographed so well)

• by Malou

I’m a big fan of action films and martial arts movies. I was very excited when I learned that Jackie Chan and Jet Li, two of Asia’s most popular martial arts actors, are going to star in one movie. I really waited for this movie to be shown and I must say that I wasn’t disappointed when I finally saw it.

Based on the novel Journey to the West, Forbidden Kingdom is the story of Jason

(Michael Angarano), a teenager from Boston who likes kung-fu movies. While buying DVDs from Old Hop (Jackie Chan), he sees an ancient golden staff.

When a bully forces Jason to rob the old man, he escapes with the staff and is transported to ancient China. Because of the staff, Jason is being pursued by the villain Jade Warlord.

He is then rescued by Lu Yan (Chan), a drunkard kung-fu master. Lu Yan tells Jason about the ...

• staff and that Jason is the chosen one to return the staff to its original owner, the Monkey King (Jet Li).

They are joined in their journey by Silent Monk (Li) and by a beautiful orphan who is out to avenge her parents death. The two masters teach Jason kung-fu and he eventually saves the world from the evil forces and returns to Boston.

What I love most about this movie are the many fun action

and fight scenes (choreographed so well). They are simply amazing.

Jackie Chan and Jet Li had their share of funny moments (Jackie is a natural when it comes to comedy). This movie is very entertaining and should be watched by the whole family (the kids will surely love this).

The special effects, as well as the fancy sets are also very good. If you want to see two screen legends possibly for the last time, see Forbidden Kingdom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11908427140531/k2311a089/8.9.08