Newport Aquarium  » Travel  »
2.0
One Aquarium Way, Newport, KY 41071
  • I thought it was crowded as we walked through
  • I think a few school groups were there, but there was obviously no one watching these kids because they were running around unsupervised

• by shawn the writer

Recently I took my family to visit the Newport Aquarium in Newport, Kentucky. For those of you who do not know where Newport is, it is in far northern Kentucky right off I-71 just south of Cincinnati, Ohio.

We were a little disappointd with the aquarium. First, it is fairly expensive. Adult admission is $18.95, and kids are $11.95. We used a buy one get one free coupon for my wife and I, and it was

still not worth the money we paid.

The Newport Aquarium is fairly new and it was clean and net for the most part. It just didn’t have a lot of content. There was nothing exciting or exotic. I remember seeing a space for a big octopus, which seemed neat because you usually don’t see octopi in aquariums like this, but the exhibit was closed for whatever reason. The little jellyfish exhibit was probably the coolest thing, again because ...

• of the novelty. My wife and daughter liked their bright pulsating colors.

I thought it was crowded as we walked through. We went on a weekday (Friday) and there were still people all over the place. I think a few school groups were there, but there was obviously no one watching these kids because they were running around unsupervised.

The aquarium did not do a very good job notifying you of feeding times for the sharks either. We waited for

the scheduled time and nothing happened, so we kept going. Then, about 10 minutes later they make the official announcement and everyone starts walking backwards in this fairly narrow tunnel to backtrack. The place is built for traffic to go one way - forward - so this didn’t work very well.

We went through the entire aquarium in less than an hour and fifteen minutes. I would strongly suggest skipping this, unless you just love fish more than anything.

Newport Aquarium

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38908427000531/k2311a089/8.9.08