Creamed Peas
  • I thought the creamed peas were absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to try to do this myself

• by Kristin Long

Today for lunch, I had creamed peas as a side dish. The person who made it, showed me what to do. She said to take about a cup of milk, and heat it on the stove top, with a stick of butter.

When the butter is completely melted, add about a half cup of regular, all purpose flour, and stir with a whisk until

all the lumps are out. As it heats, it will get thicker.

Stir constantly, adding milk, until the white sauce is at the thickness you desire. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Then add the peas, as many as you want, and stir until all peas are coated. Heat thoroughly.

You may heat the peas ahead of time, just be sure ...

• to drain the liquid off of them. For reheating, add just a touch more milk, as the sauce will thicken with more heating.

The recipe that she showed me was so easy, and peas were so good. She said the key was making sure there was enough salt so the dish was not bland.

I thought the creamed peas were absolutely delicious, and I

can’t wait to try to do this myself. When I got mine dished up, I added some parmesan cheese to it, and that gave it kind of a nuttier taste.

All around, this dish was so good, and it paired nicely to lasagna, rolls, and fruit. I hope if you use the recipe above, that you will find it to be just as yummy as I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27908426860431/k2311a089/8.9.08