Sheraton Hotel Sheraton  » Hotels  »
  • I thought that I was in a John Wayne's movie in the far west
  • The food was excellent, big portions served in huge round plates and so delicious

• by andian
      My first visit to “Sheraton Hotel” was when I first travelled to Egypt. It’s located in Cairo’s ‘heart’ with a magnificent view to Nile River. I was told that “Sheraton” is ideal to have your meal or to visit it just for a drink or a coffee.

The entrance area was impressive and the interior design magnificent; the service excellent. I took with me very good memories.

My second visit to another “Sheraton Hotel” took place a year ago more or less. This time it was the “Sheraton Skyline” which is located almost opposite the Heathrow London airport, in Bath Road.

I went there

for a quick cup of coffee as I had a couple of hours to spend while waiting for my flight to arrive. I wouldn’t say that the building is something special.

It’s just a massive construction. But entering the place you can feel the cool and relaxed atmosphere of the hotel while everything seems to function in a relaxed way.

I entered the cafeteria and imagine my surprise when I saw instead of the normal chairs sofas; three or four seat sofas very comfortable and cosy. I felt like my living room.

I also loved their cappuccino coffee and I dare to say that ...

• it was almost as good as the cappuccino I was having in Italy. The cookies that accompanied the coffees were so fresh and crispy; the perfect combination.

What about the service? Excellent! Multicultural environment; it was such a pleasant change to see happy and smiley faces offering you their services instead of long bitter faces. Although I was not feeling hungry I couldn’t resist to their sandwiches as it seemed to me like everybody who was in there was having either a cold dish or some sort of sandwiches.

I ordered a simple cheese and ham sandwich with veggies on side. Crispy and

freshly made bread, fresh ingredients!

A couple of months later I was invited to a dinner when one of my friends was celebrating her birthday and had chosen “Sheraton Skyline’s” bar - restaurant.

I just loved it!!! Very warm interior design and very similar to an American ’saloon’; I thought that I was in a John Wayne’s movie in the far west. The food was excellent, big portions served in huge round plates and so delicious! Of course the price for having dinner in one of the “Sheraton Hotels” is not the cheapest solution you can have.

But once in a while we all deserve to treat ourselves!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2270342681131/k2311a0327/3.27.06