The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)  » Movies  »
  • I guess, you got to be a die hard mummy fan to like this, cause my son like it as usual, but for someone like me, who can not have any biased option as I am not a fan of the mummy series, I thought it is the weakest sequel of the trilogy

• by hariram

My son is a big fan of mummy series, and I had to watch the earlier two parts with him as well. This one is set in china, and the story goes that thousands of years ago, one Chinese king, wanted to rule the world, and was looking for the secret that would make immortal.

He took help of some Chinese witch (I find it hard to remember Chinese names, they are hard to pronounce, and I dont understand their meaning anyways, so I don’t bother to remember them either !), and later on cheated

her, and as a result she cursed him and he became a mummy, along with his entire army force.

And the story says, that those mummy are resting and witting anxiously for thousands of years, that someone would make them alive once again, and once that happen, the china king will be there again t rule the world.

Next, there is some insane Chinese army commander of modern time, who has firm believe in this story, and he plans to make the mummy alive.

For this purpose, he dodges, Brendan Fraser, the mummy expert, his ...

• wife, and now, he also have as son.

So here is the story, mummy is alive again, and trying to regain his power, and Brender Fraser, his wife, his son, and friend, and some Chinese chick, who is daughter of the Chinese witch, that cursed the mummy, are trying to prevent him doing so, All this has been presented with a proper story line, with some encounters between mummy and Co.

, and Fraser and Co.

So, what new in this third part? Whats the USP ? hm.

personally, I dint find anything great

in the movie, most of these flicks are know for their special effects, and this one has nothing creative in them to offer wither.

The comic timing that we saw in the original too was missing in this one.

Performances re just ok.

I guess, you got to be a die hard mummy fan to like this, cause my son like it as usual, but for someone like me, who can not have any biased option as I am not a fan of the mummy series, I thought it is the weakest sequel of the trilogy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11808426701031/k2311a088/8.8.08