Movie Monsters Inc  » Movies  »
2.5
  • The storyline about monsters scaring little kids as a profession is somewhat interesting but the exectution leaves a lot to be desired

• by shawn the writer

Pixar’s 2001 release, Monsters Inc., is probably my least favorite Pixar movie ever released. For some reason, I cannot forget that Billy Crystal and John Goodman are the voice actors in this movie. Its difficult to explain, but Tom Hanks becomes Woody, and Owen Wilson becomes Lightning McQueen, but in Monsters Inc., Billy Crystal is just Billy

Crystal acting like a round green blob with one eye and a lot of annoying habits. The same can be said for his cohort, John Goodman as Sulley.

A lot of people, including my wife, absolutely love this movie but I can’t understand why. The villian, a color changing lizard is rather lame and has no real personality. The two leads don’t manage to disappear into their characters. The storyline about monsters scaring little kids as a profession is somewhat interesting but the exectution leaves a lot to be desired.

I just didn’t find myself feeling sorry for the little kid in the movie. She was too young to have much of a personality, and ...

• Movie Monsters Inc
      her escaping contantly led to a lot of wacky antics that are better suited to inferior products from other film companies instead of Pixar. Plus, as we know, Pixar has a hard time with humans. Not until the Incredibles did Pixar really make humans we cared about.

I just could never get into Monsters, Inc. for a variety

of reasons. It seemed more like a film from Dreamworks because of the running around and crazy behavior. I’ve come to expect more introspective movies from Pixar, with bigger themes and deeper conversations. I can’t think of a single big theme in Monsters, Inc., which is why I put it at the bottom of the Pixar lineup.

Ashley McLain says :

Monster’s Inc. is a fun family film that will have you laughing the entire time. I think the movie helps give children a new look into the lives of the “monsters” that hide within a child’s mind. I think everyone would enjoy this movie.

Christelle Kershoff says :

I certainly agree that it teaches kids a different meaning of the term “monsters” and shows them a little bit of the other side of what happens in real life.

Christelle Kershoff says :

Monsters Inc. is definitely one of my all time favourite animation fil to watch when I grew up. The monsters in this film is colourful which indicates that they are not scary at all. The characters, music, the humour and story line is enough to make any little kid sit in front of the tv watching this film in awe. This film teaches kids that being there for your friends is important and sticking by their side no matter what is the true meaning of friendship. It indicates that positivity is more important than negativity. It teaches little kids (and maybe even adults) that morals is a lot more important than anything else whether it is profit or something else. I would definitely recommend this film for any little one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11808426681031/k2311a088/8.8.08