Monistat Day or Night
0.5
  • Unfortunately, the powdery stuff seems to drain out and makes quite a mess
  • The capsule dissolved much faster than I thought it would, and wasted no time working its way out of my system

• by GreenFairy

It’s more like “Monistat: Not Day Nor Night. ” This product was a nightmare. I was attracted to it at first because it claimed to do something other yeast infection medicines don’t.

All the over the counter medicines are these big capsules that you insert like a tampon. They dissolve inside you and cure the infection.

Unfortunately, the powdery stuff seems to drain out and makes quite a mess. That’s why Monistat and similar products are usually for night time use.

By laying down, gravity doesn’t

contribute to the leaking of the medicine. But, anyone who’s had a yeast infection knows that even waiting until that evening for treatment is much too long.

I saw the advertisements for the Day or Night product and made a mental note to try it if I got another infection (I ended up getting three or four during a string of months when my immune system was really down). I bought the product from a grocery store for about ten bucks (unfortunately all those kinds ...

• of meds seem to cost that much and it’s hard to find non-name brands).

I put the capsule in at around lunch time and got a true feel for what it was like to take it during the day. It was a powdery mess! The capsule dissolved much faster than I thought it would, and wasted no time working its way out of my system.

I wasn’t active at all that day. I’d just been sitting around at home watching television.

I mean I understand

the product might not do such a good job if I’d been playing games of hopscotch, but I felt like I’d been downright lied to!

So, after all that, you’d expect that at least it would have gotten me better. Nope.

It did nothing to clear up the infection. If anything, it seemed to further irritate it.

I had to go to the doctor to get a prescription the next day. It was a complete waste of money, and a heck of a bad day!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26808426441031/k2311a088/8.8.08