Blood Diamond movie  » Movies  »
  • Here in Blood Diamond, he was simply amazing

• by Malou

I’m not a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio eventhough he is one of Hollywood’s hottest and most sought-after actors. Not until I saw Blood Diamond. This movie made me his no.

1 fan. I saw Titanic and Romeo and Juliet which didn’t really showcase his acting prowess.

But I knew that he was good. Here in Blood Diamond, he was simply amazing.

When I saw the movie, I

didn’t expect that it would have such a big impact on me. That I would like it so much because it’s not really the kind of movie that would make you smile or laugh, but more of a serious movie that makes you think.

Set in Sierra Leone, Blood Diamond is the story of Danny Archer (Leonardo DiCaprio), an ex-mercenary who does his living by trading diamonds for arms who learns about the existence of a rare pink diamond being kept by a fisherman named Solomon Vandy (Djimon Hounsou). The two men’s lives cross as Solomon seeks Danny’s help to get his son who was kidnapped and is being trained as a child soldier by rebels who are in the ‘conflict diamonds’ business.

Danny on the other hand, needs the pink diamond so that he could ...

• Blood Diamond movie
      get away from Africa and start anew. The two embark on a dangerous mission to get back Solomon’s son.

This is one powerful film, really thought-provoking and heart-wrenching. When I saw the scenes where they were training children to be soldiers, I was so shocked and it made me realize that horrible things like these really do happen.

The movie also had alot of action sequences which added

excitement to the movie. But what really made this movie special for me is the convincing performances by the two main stars, Leonardo DiCaprio and Djimon Hounsou.

They really deserved to be nominated for an Oscar. DiCaprio’s dying scene is so touching that it made me cry.

Blood Diamond is one movie that everybody should see, not only because of its brilliant actors but also because of its relevance.

Blood Diamond movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11808426300931/k2311a088/8.8.08