The mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor  » Movies  »
  • While I love Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh, I feel that they should not have made another one
  • Which I know it is, but it's far from realistic and it annoys me

• by c0rin

Rick O’Connell is back but this time, without his original lady love “Edie” (Rachel Weisz) I had mixed emotions regarding this latest installment. While I love Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh, I feel that they should not have made another one. In any case, this is my review:

The plot: The son got himself into

trouble but thankfully mommy and daddy was there to save him. All in all, it wasn’t bad really. Just that, it didn’t have that usual “feel” that was in the last 2 mummies movie. Maybe because Rachel Weisz wasn’t there. But even if the movie wasn’t that good, you’d enjoy the fighting scenes and Michelle Yeoh’s outfit.

The costume: Tops. If anything, I fell in love with Michelle Yeoh’s costumes! Everything was so colorful! Perfect! Regal! It almost shocks you that she actually knows martial arts.

The action: Oh, plenty. Plenty of action. I mean, what can you expect when there’s Brendan Fraser, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh? Everybody ...

• The mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
      was flying through the air and doing the usual martial arts kicks and the whole “look”. I enjoyed that part.

The editing: So-So. Jet Li’s “Mummy” face looks positively CGI. Which I know it is, but it’s far from realistic and it annoys me. Even the horses he rides looks completely fake. Don’t let me

get started on the Yetti’s (Yes! There were yetti’s!) I swear, they look like they were dolls.

All in all: Wasn’t that bad, but wasn’t that good either. Watch it for Brendan Fraser, for Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh’s action scenes and the gorgeous Luke Ford. It’s still an adventure. Just not like the previous ones.

The mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11808426290931/k2311a088/8.8.08