Hong Kong

• by c0rin

I love asia. Probably because I am asian myself. I also love shopping. And as an asian and a shopper, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HONG KONG. No other shopping capital will ever tempt me as much as Hong Kong!

Well, first off, when I arrived, it was the middle of February and absolutely cold (well, colder than what I am used to) and my lips cracked so I advise everyone who will go there (in early year) to bring/wear warmer clothes and chapsticks. You’ll need it. I checked the airport and it was a little confusing but it was alright, my sister and I got our luggage fast and took a taxi to Grand Hyatt. (Which I must say is a good hotel)

The first place we ever went to was Disney land. I have been to two Disney lands in my life, the one in

HK, and in LA. It basically has the same structure but the one in HK was newer and smelled better. They have maps available in practically all places so don’t worry about getting lost. The rides are safe. (I just tried the roller coasters and some kiddy rides like carousel) and you can buy food everywhere! They even have chinese food inside!

The second day was dedicated to Ocean Park. I love it. I love it. I love it. I am a big fan of nature and animals so you won’t believe how much I enjoyed the park. I won’t get into details except that I had fun. But I must warn everyone that if you don’t understand Chinese, you’d have a hard time finding the bathroom and a store which sells napkins/tampoons. And the lift/cable car got stuck while we were in the ...

• middle so I panicked for a second. But I never had a fear of heights so it was alright.

But Hong Kong is dedicated to the night. I urge everyone to go the night markets! Everything is fantastic! I especially recommend the Jade Market, you will not be disappointed! I bought like, 4 jades, some are fake, I bought one original which is really expensive but it was so worth it! But you have to know that you can haggle in night markets so if you find an item that is really expensive, haggle until you can get it at a reasonable price. Believe me, fakes can be haggled. As for the real thing, try, maybe you can get away with it.

Also try the stanley market, which is where I bought weird stuff as gifts to friends and relatives. There’s mostly

silk cloth and some keychains and artworks. Also visit kowloon, I wasn’t really able to visit the place thoroughly but there’s plenty of stalls there where you can buy stuff.

We mostly ate at the nearest restaurant we can find, which included McDonalds, they serve noodles there, I was really shocked. And Pizza Hut. (Same Pizza hut) We ate in a few street/sidewalk food and everything tastes great! better actually, Must be the street flavor. We also tried this restaurant (I cannot remember the name) but like a true chinese place, it has everything from tea to noodles to hot breads and the table is big and has a lazy susan in the middle.

I am half-chinese myself and chinese food is my crack. I Love the food. Don’t ever be afraid to try anything in HongKong! Believe me, the experience will be so worth it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38808426280931/k2311a088/8.8.08