Continental/ Delta Airlines Partnership  » Airlines  »
0.5
  • One of those companies is Continental which announced that they had been considering a merger with Delta Airlines for some time and this would be the best way for them to not have to hand down gas prices to their customers so that neither the airline or the customer suffers
  • They then said that they applied for the merger but they were denied because it would be considered a monopoly and this would be to the disadvantage of the customer since less airlines means that prices will not go down but will only continue to rise
  • To me this was a bad since that prices were going to be sky high in a few weeks and so I decided to check the price of a one way ticket from Texas to New York and the price was $ 410 and a few weeks later Continental Airlines announced that they had reached a deal with Delta Airlines which would help them reduce the prices that they would charge customers (which was originally their purpose in the first place) they said that this was possible because they would team up with Delta so that each airline has access to the others customers by booking flights together and offering each other's prices on each airline webpage
  • Since I do fly a lot for business as most of you do I thought this would be a nice break for my wallet and I thought that the changes would be very welcomed
  • They did not even lower the price by ten dollars which is what I expected and I am very disappointed in this business move

• by rich

Since gas prices have gone up so much, there has been a lot of talk about hardship on the airline business and this has caused them to look to new ways of saving money. Many have cut things like food and dvd movies on board but many others have considered merging with each other.

One of those companies is Continental which announced that they had been considering a merger with Delta Airlines for some time and this would be the best way for them to not have to hand down gas prices to their customers so that neither the airline or the customer suffers.

would be to the disadvantage of the customer since less airlines means that prices will not go down but will only continue to rise.

However, Continental insisted that this was being explored as a way to save the customer money and that this was the best way to do so.

To me this was a bad since that prices were going to be sky high in a few weeks and so I decided to check the price of a one way ticket from Texas to New York and the price was $ 410 and a few weeks later Continental Airlines announced that they had reached a deal with Delta Airlines which would help them reduce the prices that they would charge customers (which was originally their purpose ...

• in the first place) they said that this was possible because they would team up with Delta so that each airline has access to the others customers by booking flights together and offering each other’s prices on each airline webpage.

They would also use one another’s airplanes when possible and this would help to reduce the burden on each of these airlines and customers would have more access to each of these airlines which means that the prices would be lower although we are in bad economic times.

Since I do fly a lot for business as most of you do I thought this would be a nice break for my wallet and I thought that the changes would be very welcomed.

I have paid so very

high flight prices and so I just wanted a break and took Continental at their word and expected some small reduction in flight prices.

So, I checked the same flight two weeks after this and I was not surprised that the price of the flight was still $ 410 which means that there is no real reduction in flight prices.

These two airlines have teamed up to same them money but they will only be saving money so that they can make more profit.

They did not even lower the price by ten dollars which is what I expected and I am very disappointed in this business move.

It is only a matter of time before people spot flying because they are tired of airlines squeezing them for everything they have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40508425570231/k2311a085/8.5.08