Sprint Push to Talk Service  » Cellular services  »
1.5
  • The problem with this is that you should get a busy signal and the lack of one could potentially run a relationship
  • Another thing I was disappointed with was the fact that when they did buy Nextel, I was under the impression that I would be able to push the button and talk to Nextel customers but they never did make the two networks work together so I could not reach them with this service

• by rich

Push to Talk is a feature that Sprint offers its wireless customers so that they will be able to communicate with one another within seconds. This service is one which is very similar to the chirp service that is offered by Nextel but in this case you will find that this service is a lot different than the one which is so famous by Nextel at this point.

This is a service that I first signed up for because I was told by the Sprint employee that I would be able to communicate instantly with my friends on both Nextel and Sprint which sounded like something that I really was looking for.

So I went ahead and got my Push to Talk phone which I got for about $

60 with a two year plan, the plan itself will run you $ 5 a month which is a small price to pay if this service actually works but the truth is that it just did not work as well as I had hoped.

Push to Talk is supposed to be much like Nextel in that basically you click your friend by pressing the button on the side of your phone and this should give your friend an alert on his end which he can either respond to or ignore and if he is busy then the service will indicate that with a busy sound.

However, this is not how the Push to Talk service worked.

I pushed the button to connect to my friend and when he was ...

• not available I would get no indication at all however, if he was available I would get an answer within three seconds usually.

The problem with this is that you should get a busy signal and the lack of one could potentially run a relationship.

Also, when you do connect to your friend it takes a few seconds and you are not actually connected instantly like you would be with the Nextel feature.

Another problem I have what that a lot of times my friend would be out of range of the service but I was never getting an indication that the service was not working so I figured in many cases that my friends just did not want to go out with me when in reality they had

not actually ever gotten the message that I was trying to give them over the Push to Talk service.

Another thing I was disappointed with was the fact that when they did buy Nextel, I was under the impression that I would be able to push the button and talk to Nextel customers but they never did make the two networks work together so I could not reach them with this service.

I had my friend on Nextel try to use his chirp to speak with me and it did not work, again he did not get a message that said we could not communicate just a sound that made him believe I was available.

So, the reason I had gotten this was useless and the push service did not work well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22508425230131/k2311a085/8.5.08