Savoy Hotel , Yangon.  » Hotels  »
129 Dhammazedi Road , Yangon , Myanmar.
  • I was very impressed with the place from the moment I walked in to the reception lobby
  • That also made the place very convenient to stay
  • I would definitely recommend the place to my colleagues and friends back home for their visit to Yangon too

• by Mark Williams

During one of my business trips to Yangon, Myanmar, I chose to stay at the Savoy Hotel. I wanted to stay at a hotel close to the downtown business core since many of my business appointments would be in the downtown. Savoy Hotel was just ten minutes drive to the downtown business district. It was a very nice hotel designed in a classical residential style.

It was located in a very pleasant surrounding. It was an excellent decision I made to stay at Savoy Hotel. I was very impressed with the place from the moment I

walked in to the reception lobby.

It was very spacious and beautifully decorated in the tradtional ways. The staff at the reception counter was very friendly and hospitable, making me feel as if coming back home. I had a deluxe suite on a high floor with a beautiful view of the Shwe Dagon Pagoda.

It was luxuriously furnished and had all the amenities to make the stay comfortable was there, air-conditioned, mini bar, IDD telephone,satellite TV. There was a large work desk too, excellent for business travellers like me. The inhouse restaurants served ...

• a variety of Myanmar and western cuisines.

I really enjoyed the buffet breakfasts. Room service was also very prompt and friendly. There were excellent restaurants just a few minutes drive from the hotel too.

That also made the place very convenient to stay. The business center in the hotel had all the modern facilties for helping the guests in preparing the business papers and documentations. The staff was very helpful.

The lobby was luxuriously furnished and was a perfect place to relax at the end of a long business day. The highy revered Shwedagon

Pagoda was just a few minutes away. I took the opportunity to go up to the Pagoda while I had the opportunity.

Savoy Hotel was a very comfortable place to stay for business travellers like me and for holiday makers. My stay there was very pleasant and memorable. The facilities were very comfortable and the staff was very courteous making sure at all times that the guests were looked after well.

I look forward to going back to Savoy Hotel if I should have the opportunity to visit Yangon in the future. I would definitely recommend the place to my colleagues and friends back home for their visit to Yangon too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2508424990131/k2311a085/8.5.08