Liberty Hotel , Yangon.  » Hotels  »
343 Pyay Road , Sanchaung Township , Yangon , Myanmar.
  • On one of my visits to Yangon, Myanmar, I decided to stay at a hotel at a convenient distance to the downtown business district, rather than right in the downtown core
  • I was very impressed with the staff and the facilites at the hotel
  • I would certainly recommend Liberty Hotel to my colleagues and friends back home for their visits to Yangon

• by Mark Williams

On one of my visits to Yangon, Myanmar, I decided to stay at a hotel at a convenient distance to the downtown business district, rather than right in the downtown core. With the suggestion of a friend of mine in Yangon, I chose to stay at Liberty Hotel. That was an excellent choice. Liberty Hotel was located on Pyay Road, which was the main road coming from the Yangon International Airport.

And, Pyay Road led into the downtown business core as well, just ten minutes drive. The hotel was at a very convenient location, a perfect place

for travellers who preferred to stay at a hotel in a quiet and pleasant location. I was very impressed with the staff and the facilites at the hotel.

The staff at the reception counter was so hospitable and courteous, making sure that the wishes of the guests were fully taken care of. I had a suite on a high floor with a nice view of the surrounding area. The suite was very spacious and beautifully furnished.

All the amenities needed, air conditioning, mini bar, IDD telephone, a large work desk, were there. The inhouse restaurant was a ...

• comfortable place to enjoy Myanmar, Chinese, and international cuisines. Room services were also available 24 hours.

The lounge area was so pleasant to relax enjoying refreshing cocktails at the end of the busy day. It was very easy to get to places of my business appointments in the downtown core by taxis. Bogyoke Aungsan Market, which was the largest shopping center in the City was also just closeby from the business centers.

Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the most highly revered Pagodas in the Buddhist world, was just a walking disatnce from the hotel too. I did

not miss the opportunity to go up to the Pagoda taking a pleasant evening walk. My stay at the Liberty Hotel was very comfortable and memorable.

It was undoubtedly an excellent place for business travellers like me and holiday makers to stay. The staff in all the departments in the hotel were very hospitable and so friendly, in the traditional Myanmar cultural ways. The facilities were comfortable as well.

I look forward to going back there again if I would get the opportunity to travel to Yangon in the future. I would certainly recommend Liberty Hotel to my colleagues and friends back home for their visits to Yangon.

susan piacun says :

this is the only review I can find of Liberty hotel - i have just booked it and would like to know a little more - I thought it would be really bad as it`s so cheap is it clean and safe - I travel alone. Did you use the massage service and if so what was it like? Are there any cosmetics in bathroom - soap and shampoo

Mark Williams replies :

This is not a 5 Star hotrel. But , what I very much liked about the place is the location, very convenient to move around. It is on a main road which leads into downtown core. It is not in the downtown core , but not far at all. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. Safe place to stay. I did not use the massage service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2508424860131/k2311a085/8.5.08