Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)  » Movies  »
1.5
  • This remake didn't quite cut it for me, I loved the original and was quite disappointed when I heard that there was going to be a remake of it

• by Jermaine McKenzie

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, directed by Tim Burton is rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America for quirky situations, action and mild language. The original release date for this movie was July 15, 2005 for United States audiences. This movie falls in the genre of Adventure/Comedy/Family/Fantasy and stars Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, Freddie Highmore as Charlie Bucket, David Kelly as Grandpa Joe, Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Bucket, Noah Taylor as Mr. Bucket, Missi Pyle as

Mrs. Beauregarde, James Fox as Mr. Salt, Deep Roy as Oompa Loompa and Christohper Lee as Dr. Wonka.

A remake of Charlie and the Chocolate factor, this movie tries to bring a modern look and feel to the otherwise classic tale that has been around for ages it seems. A classic tale that speaks to everyone in a different way and also in song by the magnificent Oompa Loompas.

This remake didn’t quite cut it for me, I loved the original and ...

• was quite disappointed when I heard that there was going to be a remake of it. Even though I was skeptical about it, I went to watch it anyway, and my worst fears were realized as this movie failed to deliver the quality work of what we all know and love about the combination of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.

Taking this movie to a dark place just sin’t what it was, the original was just wasn’t to be messed with,

but now that they did, what is to be done with this recreation? DO they just hide it away, bury it, or show it at least as possible in an effort to regain the money that was budgeted.

Whatever they decide to do, it is for sure that I will not be watching this movie ever again. Sorry guys, this was a total miss on your part. Better luck on your next adventure, I hope it will excite me as usual.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11408423480331/k2311a084/8.4.08