Sprint Call Tones Service Feature
  • The price for the call tones is usually $ 2.50 plus tax which I think is pretty expensive because the song will stay on your phone as a call back tone for 90 days at which point you will have to buy it again
  • This means that your actually just renting the song and that it would cost you $10 a year just to keep the call tone on your phone which is a bit of a useless expense
  • I purchased the Lil Wayne A Milli song and I was pretty impressed with the results, it did take about 10 minutes to start working but once it did I found that the lyrics to the song were loud and clear on the other end of the phone and it is just more fun to have this play if someone is waiting for you to pick up the phone

• by rich

For those who are unaware, Sprint now offers its users a new service which they have named call tones. This service allows for you (the customer) to set a specific tone or song as your outgoing message to callers. When you receive a call the caller will hear the call tone that has been assigned instead of the usual ring that they would normally hear.

This is actually something that other cellular providers have offered their customers for some time now so Sprint is a bit late with this feature but I am glad to see that they have finally developed it none the less. This option was just released and can be found in the download section of your browser on the PCS web.

Once you click call tones you

have options to search by artist name, or artist category or you can look through a list of the hottest and most downloaded songs if you do not know which you want. Once you find the song you want you can click a description of it and it will show you the price with a buy it now button and if you press the buy now button you will be automatically billed.

The price for the call tones is usually $ 2. 50 plus tax which I think is pretty expensive because the song will stay on your phone as a call back tone for 90 days at which point you will have to buy it again.

This means that your actually just renting the song and that it would cost ...

• you $10 a year just to keep the call tone on your phone which is a bit of a useless expense. However, there is a free section that you can use but in that category there is mostly only NFL sprint promo things which will basically play an add to your caller.

Once you buy the tone you can set it so that either everyone hears it or a selected group of callers which is nice. I purchased the Lil Wayne ” A Milli” song and I was pretty impressed with the results, it did take about 10 minutes to start working but once it did I found that the lyrics to the song were loud and clear on the other end of the phone and it is just more

fun to have this play if someone is waiting for you to pick up the phone.

Also, I liked the fact you do not actually download the song so it does not use your memory on the phone. The call tone plays every time I get a call and I find that my friends enjoy it, it is louder than the ones that other companies have and it is just a lot of fun.

I think it is well worth the money especially if they have one of your favorite artists which I am sure you will find they do because they now have hundreds of artists and songs available. So, this is a fun service which I enjoyed but I think it is a bit costly if you keep the tones call year.

Michael Neu says :

Do cell users who call me use their minutes while my call tone is playing or is it like regular tone and no charge til I answer?

Jules Li says :

Ringback tones are actually the same as the conventional ring tone.

joy says :

Would like to have Cindy Larper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun for a call tone.

Jules Li says :

Search within the call tones feature to see if it’s available. If it’s not, I would suggest using a third party website such as mytinyphone, since they have it available. It’s also compatible with Sprint.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22308422730431/k2311a083/8.3.08