The Ruins (Movie )
1.5
  • I kept seeing the movie advertised and telling my friends how good I thought it was

• by udgirl

The Ruins was a complete waste of time, which was sad because I really wanted to see it. I kept seeing the movie advertised and telling my friends how good I thought it was. I’ve never read the book the film was based on, but now that I’ve seen it,

I really want to read the book if only to see why it was best seller.

The movie follows a group of pretty college students who end up trapped in an ancient Mayan ruin where the plants kill people and take over their bodies to survive. There are two couples ...

• along with a German guy who tells them about the ruins. I figured he’d turn out to be a bad guy, but he was actually a nice, normal guy who got caught up in everything.

I kept waiting for the movie to get good, but after sitting through all 90

minutes, I’m still waiting for that to happen. It just doesn’t seem exciting and there was nothing to draw in my attention. I thought the plot was pretty ludicrous and the characters were all highly annoying. There wasn’t a single character I liked and I didn’t really care if they died or survived.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11308422690431/k2311a083/8.3.08