White Plains NY  » Travel  »
  • White Plains, NY is one of my favorite places to go because I enjoy the weather there and it is a lot calmer than most places in NY which I believe most people are looking for
  • There is also a bookstore in case you have time to waste or your just waiting on someone but I prefer to hang out at Gamestop where you can play all the latest games and they usually have pretty good sales
  • In terms of food they have a Cinabun store which serves the best cinnamon buns I have ever tasted and there is also McDonalds
  • This is a wonderful town which is why I love to come here and I think you will enjoy

• by rich

White Plains, NY is one of my favorite places to go because I enjoy the weather there and it is a lot calmer than most places in NY which I believe most people are looking for. I first went here with my family when I was a child going Christmas shopping because they have the famous Galleria mall which is three floors of shopping and has just about anything you could want in this mall including stores like Foot Locker, Old Navy, and Abercrombie/ They also have various urban wear shops which are great for picking up things like North Face coats which make great gifts during the holiday season and are a must in the cold New York weather. There is also a Bath and Body Works store, Victoria Secret and Hall Mark which I have

used many times to get last minute inexpensive gifts for my female friends because I tend to forget important days and so this mall will have something for everyone.

There is also a bookstore in case you have time to waste or your just waiting on someone but I prefer to hang out at Gamestop where you can play all the latest games and they usually have pretty good sales. In terms of food they have a Cinabun store which serves the best cinnamon buns I have ever tasted and there is also McDonalds.

Wendy’s and Chinese and Italian stores that have pretty good prices. This mall is also great because during the holidays they have a Santa there for the children who sits in his chair and takes pictures with the kids.

He looks very realistic.

• Inside this mall they also have an amazing coffee shop that is better than Starbucks.

You can also find the Westchester mall in White Plains. This mall has things like Target and the Apple store which always has the latest Apple inventions on display for you to view and use before you decide to buy.

This mall is a lot more attractive than the Galleria and although it is not as big I find that it has a better class of people and is a lot safer. The Galleria always has people who look like they are selling drugs outside of Macy’s and gang members which generally will make you uncomfortable but this is not the case with the Westchester mall.

White Plains is also the home to the Cheesecake Factory which is a restaurant that serves

amazing deserts and great Italian food. There is always a wait of thirty or so minutes so I suggest you get there early if you want to eat there.

It is pretty expensive at about $ 20 a plate but I would say it is worth it if your looking for great food. You can also find the container store here which I like because you can find all your storage needs for about $ 30 which I was unable to do anywhere else.

There is also a Toys r us that has been known to have a lot of celebrities there and a lot of cafes near the malls that allow you to dine out on the sidewalk. This is a wonderful town which is why I love to come here and I think you will enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38308422640431/k2311a083/8.3.08