Spicy and Sweet Chicken Burger  » Food  »
  • It is pure white, have not small bits that would suggest the rice used is cheap so I am fine with that

• by jaqui

I just finished my lunch today. I had a fast food ready to eat meal served in 7-Eleven stores. It’s called a rice meal; I tried it out because it looks yummy and because they are introducing a new flavor (Sweet and Spicy Chicken Burger), if I may say that, we also get a free can of Pepsi Light cola for every package bought! Each one meal is only Php39, just $ 0.

86. Since it is ready to eat, just put

it in the microwave for 15 seconds and you already have your meal ready.

The Chicken Burgers are served with a sweet chili sauce, and 1 cup of rice, of course. I was expecting to see the sweet chili sauce in a separate package, but it was included in the meal, on top of the burgers so it kind of made the meal messy with the sauce all over the carton container.

It even spilled over to the rice itself! They ...

• should have just put the sauce in a separate package to make it more presentable. The chicken burger tasted well, its good already for its low amount, but it was a bit lacking in tenderness.

Chicken meats are supposed to be tender. The rice is good, though.

It is pure white, have not small bits that would suggest the rice used is cheap so I am fine with that. The sweet chili sauce is a bit thick in texture, since it

was already poured into the burger, and the meal is packed in a carton container, the carton absorbed most of the sauce already.

They should have put extra sauce, of as I suggested, put it in a sachet similar to ketchups used in fast food chains. Overall, meal is okay for its amount, anything higher than a dollar for this meal would be expensive already for its presentation.

It’s a good buy now since you get $0. 50 worth of cola free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27308422370331/k2311a083/8.3.08