Hungry Girl Cookbook  » Books  »
  • I'm also not a big fan of the way they kept referring people to the Hungry Girl website

• by udgirl

I grabbed the Hungry Girl cookbook because it seemed like a cute approach to cooking. The book cover actually looks a little like one of the Rachel Ray cookbooks and the author has apparently read her books because it has a lot of things in common with her books. Each recipe is

usually accompanied by a small story, fact, or something else to give you more information. There are also a few pictures of different recipes and you can see pictures of all the recipes at the website associated with the book.

I appreciate that they’ve included nutritional information for all the recipes, but the ...

• constant references to Weight Watchers started to get on my nerves. I get that they’re partners, but they don’t have to constantly remind readers of that and shove it down our throats. I also didn’t like that they didn’t include very many pictures. Some of the recipes sounded good, but I didn’t
        feel like going online just to see what they looked like.

I’m also not a big fan of the way they kept referring people to the Hungry Girl website. I ended up going there and the book is a lot better and easier to use than the site. I’ll stick to the book for now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17308421990331/k2311a083/8.3.08