Twilight Book Series by Stephenie Meyer  » Books  »
  • What makes it such an amazing book and not just a teen story is the fact that the love between Bella and her vampire-boyfriend Edward is not like shallow teen love
  • I suggest these books to everyone now who is looking for something to read, and I will continue to eagerly await the release of not only Breaking Dawn, but also the Twilight Movie which will be in theatres this December (the 12th I believe)

• by KatieLynn

I have to say that I have fallen into the category of teenage girls who have fallen for these books, and I fell hard. I was first introduced to these books because my college roommate was a die-hard Twilight fan - she simply insisted that I read the books and even let me borrow the first two books in the series so that I could get started. Well, it may have started slow for me, but about halfway through the first book, I realized that I was really enjoying the story and that I was reading bigger and bigger chunks of it at a time.

For anyone who has not heard of these books, they surround the drama of a teenage girl who

falls in love with a vampire, and who attracts all sorts of trouble from other vampires and yes, even werewolves. While it may sound like strange fantasy it has several relatable elements - high school situations, teenage awkwardness, and an unlikely heroine who is not blonde, blue eyed or even especially coordinated. Bella Swan is an average girl who finds herself in the middle of the craziest life ever thought possible. What makes it such an amazing book and not just a teen story is the fact that the love between Bella and her vampire-boyfriend Edward is not like shallow teen love. There is something a lot deeper than that, and while it is difficult to explain it is something ...

• that you do not see very often in books written strictly for teenage girls - I have heard of countless accounts of mothers and even boyfriends reading it, as well as girls and boys in their preteen years. This is the kind of love story that spans all ages, and it is fun to read because of the added action of these mythological beings that no one would ever think of.

Stephenie Meyer has done an amazing job building her characters, giving them unmistakable personalities that have become known and loved by her devoted readers everywhere. This was Meyers first ever book and to see how it has exploded is incredibly impressive - it has been number one for months on end and

shows no signs of stopping, especially with the fourth and final installment of the series, Breaking Dawn, coming out this August.

While reading it I knew this book was special for some reason but to this date I can not quite place it. I love it; it is the only book other than Harry Potter that I have found myself doodling fan-art pieces of, and enjoying it - I can’t STAND fan-art, but this book has changed something in me. I suggest these books to everyone now who is looking for something to read, and I will continue to eagerly await the release of not only Breaking Dawn, but also the Twilight Movie which will be in theatres this December (the 12th I believe)!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17308421370231/k2311a083/8.3.08