Yahoo! Messenger Beta 9.0  » Software  »
  • I was able to sign in with my account and I notice the new version was much similar to the skin of the Windows Live Messenger
  • But I found a solution to this one already because you can make them fit to your screen by using the compact view
  • I think I'm going to love this beta version more because the emoticons are much animated than what it used to be

• by Jaqui

I just tried 3 days ago to download the messenger 9. 0 beta version of Yahoo! I was having problems with the 8. 0 version because it does not display the emoticons or the smileys in a graphical format; I reinstalled it already but still I had the same problems.

I searched for a better version and I got hold of the new beta version so I guess I was enticed to try it out. I installed it in my PC, which took

about 30 minutes, and it did not even say it was done because it got stuck at 99%! It slowed down my pc so I just had to abort it and restarted my PC.

Luckily it was installed already after I checked the Yahoo Messenger (YM). I was able to sign in with my account and I notice the new version was much similar to the skin of the Windows Live Messenger.

It lost its thick frame, and the pictures of ...

• your contacts are now displayed on your YM window this makes the contacts look thick or fat in your YM screen. But I found a solution to this one already because you can make them fit to your screen by using the compact view.

I think I’m going to love this beta version more because the emoticons are much animated than what it used to be. The status message too doesn’t build up in the choices field (similar to

MSN) unlike before that they can’t be deleted.

You can also change the looks of your YM windows and it’s got more choices than the old version. I would suggest this to everyone who loves instant messaging.

This new version is really cute and is very much like your personal gadget. You can customize it to however you want it to look like.

The most important thing is, you get the full features of this software for free anytime in Yahoo! Website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30308421250231/k2311a083/8.3.08