Lake George NY  » Travel  »
  • Anyone who visits Lake George will either have the choice to go camping or stay in a hotel and since I wanted to have an authentic camp experience I decided to stay on the camp groups
  • It was hard not having a bed but the tent was ok and the night stars were amazing to be able to see each night without the city lights
  • It was a lot of fun and I suggest it to you

• by rich

Being that I was raised in NY, I am very used to the city life and I had never experienced anything different than the hustle and bustle that NY is known for but when I visited Lake George, NY this all changed for me. Lake George is like a different world, it is located in upstate NY which is far away from anything else and the setting is very much like the country. Anyone who visits Lake George will either have the choice to go camping or stay in a hotel and since I wanted to have an authentic camp experience I decided to stay on the camp groups.

It ran me about $ 900 to stay on the camp grounds for two weeks and I

had to bring my own text and supplies of course. It look us a few hours to pitch the text and get camp set up but once we did everything was great.

We sat around telling stories and just hanging out in our tents. We cooked our cup of noddle soups by heating up water with pots and then poring them into the cup.

We also ate hot dogs that we roasted over the fire by putting them on sticks. For snacks we ate things like smores but we did not do this often because it was a lot of work.

If we were not eating then we spent a lot of time hiking through the camp grounds looking for wood so that we could keep ourselves ...

• warm and when we found it we would cut it down and bring it back to the camp grounds. We did get lost a few times and find other people also staying there but they were nice enough to help up find where we were going back to and give us some food which was needed at times.

The camp grounds themselves were very nice as far as nature goes, each sight had a dock and so we had access to the water for swimming or fishing. We got worms from the dirt mostly but there is a grounds store which we would row our boat to and buy things that we needed.

We usually got fire wood from here, worms and also frozen candy bars because

those go a long way when you haven’t had any real food for a long time. The experience was great but very hard at times without any electric and just having to use the outhouse.

We took showers by heating up water in the sun then using the little shower thing we got from the camping store. It was hard not having a bed but the tent was ok and the night stars were amazing to be able to see each night without the city lights.

We did not run into any animals or anything of that sort just lots of Spiders and long legs which were disgusting but its all part of the experience. It was a lot of fun and I suggest it to you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38308421030131/k2311a083/8.3.08