Splendid Self Rising Flour
  • When ever I found myself needing self rising flour I would use all purpose flour with the perfect amount of baking powder to make up for the self rising flour
  • She actually bought a package when she came on vacation to avoid all the extra mess of having to use baking powder and before she left it had some left over and told me to use it instead of letting it go to waste
  • I will definitely continue to use it in the future

• by RJR

I have always used all purpose flour when cooking and baking. When ever I found myself needing self rising flour I would use all purpose flour with the perfect amount of baking powder to make up for the self rising flour.

Well I actually got around to using Splendid’s Self Rising Flour because of my

grandmother. She actually bought a package when she came on vacation to avoid all the extra mess of having to use baking powder and before she left it had some left over and told me to use it instead of letting it go to waste.

I first tried this flour when I was making a pizza ...

• crust. The recipe actually required baking powder and all purpose flour but I instead substituted the self rising flour because I was out of my regular flour and still added a small amount of baking powder for good measure. The crust was the softest pizza crust I ever made in my life.

I also like to

use this flour for dumplings. They rise so nicely and I don’t need to add baking powder to it. I can actually see a small difference between the all purpose flour and this self rising flour and I am so happy my grandmother introduced me to this flour. I will definitely continue to use it in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27308420870131/k2311a083/8.3.08