UEFA Euro 2008  » Games  »
  • I admit I was quite frustrated being a Germany fan, seeing my favourite team barely win Turkey, eventually lose to Spain in the finals
  • As I bought the PC version instead of the Playstation 2 one, the graphics were so much more impressive
  • I eventually scored a goal and I saw how the players went on for the celebration, it was simply amazing
  • Dribbling was another problem for me, I was quite frustrated because I couldn't really get past any defenders
  • I would recommend that you rent this game instead, and buy Fifa 08, which has lots of exciting features provided

• by diatomics

Thinking of Euro even though the Euro fever has already ended. I am still inspired to change the course of history by making Germany the Euro champions of 2008. I admit I was quite frustrated being a Germany fan, seeing my favourite team barely win Turkey, eventually lose to Spain in the finals.

I went on to buy the Euro 2008 game for a bargain price at a store. As the Euro 08 was over, the price of that game in the store somehow went down. I was amazed by how cheap it was and went on to purchase one for myself.

I started a friendly match against Spain using Germany. You should all know the controls are so familiar, the game play is somehow similar to that of the Fifa 08 too. As I bought the PC version instead of the Playstation 2 one,

the graphics were so much more impressive.

The match started out fine, I could actually feel the atmosphere. I felt like everyone was cheering for me. It was a great feeling. I eventually scored a goal and I saw how the players went on for the celebration, it was simply amazing. The crowd got even louder, it made me feel like I was one of the players there even.

Sadly, after a while, Spain returned and eventually scored one to equalize the whole game in half time. There were not as much celebrations, the crowd felt like they were jeering when Spain scored the equalizer. I admit I was demoralized by Villa’s fantastic footwork. I could still feel the crowd cheering on, waiting for the magical moment for me to make a comeback. I eventually lost the game 3-2 to Spain.

If you actually ...

• have a lot of skill in your bag, and want to try something new, I would suggest you try the Captain mode. You would only be able to use one player throughout the game. It’s similar to the Pro mode in Fifa 08, in case you’re wondering what is it.

The movements of players are different in this game. Like for example, I was making the player running like a dog on the wings, I went on to press the cross button, the ball somehow looked like the player shot past the goal line, he never seemed to have attempted the cross at all.

Dribbling was another problem for me, I was quite frustrated because I couldn’t really get past any defenders. I had to rely on proper passing too. I admit I was quite poor in the game for starters. But one day

I’ll improve to become better eventually.

The tackling for this game can be difficult too; you have to time it well. If not your opponents would treat you like a a block of wood, and get past you so easily. I conceded my first game in Euro 08 because I was mashing away at the tackling button, mistiming challenges and committing fouls at the same time too.

The amount of teams in Euro 08 are only based on the 52 countries in Europe, as compared to Fifa 08 which has hundreds of teams at International level and club level.

This game is worth the bet to cover up for Euro fever, anymore than that would be a bore. I would recommend that you rent this game instead, and buy Fifa 08, which has lots of exciting features provided. For this game, I would give a 6/10 though

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28308420620131/k2311a083/8.3.08