Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations  » Games  »
  • But I thought this was equally an exciting game too
  • So I decided to take a gamble and give it a go into the game
  • But actually, if you saved often, you would not actually experience much of a problem
  • A 7/10 for this game, I would recommend you guys to have a try at it

• by diatomics

Phoenix Wright is a partial visual novel and an exciting adventure game. One of the new installations, named Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. It is said that it has the same game play as the previous few that were released. I did not manage to get my hands on the previous ones. But I thought this was equally an exciting game too.The first time I had a look at the game, I always thought that it wouldn’t be as nice as I would expect anyway. So I decided to take a gamble and give it a go into the game.

The moment I started the game, I was placed 5 years ago. When Phoenix Wright was still a whiny teenager, he doesn’t seem to have much of a clue about the girl of his life. I was able to

play as a character named Mia Frey, who happened to be Phoenix’s Wright Defence lawyer. The whole story for a start is pretty engaging and fun to play with on that part.

The whole purpose of the game is to find contradictions when the witnesses testify against the court. You are to press the witness for more information, and then you are supposed to present the evidence that explains his contradictions. To be honest, I was kind of lost the first time I played the game, I was wondering what was I supposed to do actually. For a person like me that’s new to the series, there isn’t much help provided to play the game. You also get a life bar, when you keep submitting rubbish to the judge, he’ll start penalizing you, and your life bar will ...

• start depleting. Eventually, you’ll lose the case and the court will plead the defendant guilty. That was the frustration point for me though, because I didn’t really understand the game, I kept submitting rubbish. After I got the hang of it, my life was about 1 or 2 times away from getting killed.

But actually, if you saved often, you would not actually experience much of a problem. Just the pain of experiencing the same dialogue over again, that’s a real pain for those impatient people like me though. I would advise people who are currently playing the game to save as often as you possibly can.

I must admit, the characters looked kind of cute too. Especially Maya Frey, who’s the sister of Mia Frey. I loved how the characters were filled with expressions, but I hated the fact

that they could have added some voice actors for the characters too. Too bad it never happened that way though. The characters blended into the surroundings very well. You will get pretty tensed up when the game goes to a seriously crucial point, where by if you fail, you would have to restart the entire game again. I experienced that several times, it was quite annoying in my point of view. But I seriously can’t help it though.

Overall, I thought it was quite a fantastic game. I loved the game pretty much, I got pretty much engrossed to the story. It was fantastic, I believe anyone who is playing the game must have the sound on, if not it would be a dull experience actually. A 7/10 for this game, I would recommend you guys to have a try at it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28308420610131/k2311a083/8.3.08