Ensure Nutritional Drink
0.5
  • I am here not to tackle the chemical composition of the product nor its effect to a person's system healthy or unhealthy he may be, but I am here to let every consumer out there consider the question
  • In as much as I want to buy this product for my parents, I rather not because I believe I need to sympathize with those consumers out there who rant about the overly-priced products from Abbot

• by rainbowbrite

Here is another healthy yet expensive product from Abbot. Ensure is accordingly a complete and balanced nutrition formulated by Abbot for people who have low energy levels, have lost weight, have been advised to take nutritional supplements, or in other words, Ensure is developed for

people with unstable health conditions.

This is one of the new innovations from Abbot, as to its efficacy, I am not sure. I am here not to tackle the chemical composition of the product nor its effect to a person’s system healthy or unhealthy he may be, but I am here to let every consumer out there consider the question: why is this product very expensive compared to other leading health drinks or food supplements in the market these days? Is the added fiber the culprit, maybe ...

parent says :

Can 11yr old boys drink ensure or should they drink pedisure?

rainbowbrite replies :

For this matter, I believe you have to consult your pediatrician if it concerns an 11-year old boy it usually depends on the body weight of the individual if he is considered to take higher level food supplements. Thanks.

John says :

There is no age limit set for Ensure drinks.

Galega says :

You can take Ensure formula. I don’t think that Pediasure (another Abott product) is suitable for your age. I would suggest you to take Ensure Active Light. It comes with all necessary nutrients and vitamins which is necessary for children below 15 years of age. If you have any medical concerns then ask your parents to consult a pediatrician/physician before starting it.

jacolene says :

Can ensure be given to 2 year old who does not want to eat any veggies and limited fruit? He is not underwieght and is very healthy also what about the dosage? I give 3 spoons instead of 6 and mix with his milk not water

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, I have a picky eater too. I have been giving my daughter the chocolate pediasure shakes since she was a toddler and they have been a great help. If you buy Pediasure there is no need for doseages, but rather just give your child a single shake a day. That is what my Pediatrician recommended to me and my daughter was three when I started buying them. However, to be on the safe side I do recommend checking with a pediatrician first. He may recommend giving your baby only have a shake per day. I would definitely speak to the pediatrician about Pediasure though, they really are great.

rainbowbrite replies :

I know that Abbot has this Pediasure for children, you rather use that one. Thank you.

samz says :

My daughter is 11 years old.. she is v weak can I give her Ensure?

Galega says :

At this age, you can consider giving your daughter Ensure Active Light. It comes with all necessary nutrients required by a child below 15 year of age.

jacqueline Stewart says :

I have a son who is metally and physically challenge who is 8 years old, can i give him ensure food supplement.

rainbowbrite replies :

Please consult your pediatrician regarding this matter, I believe it the best thing to do since your child might be taking some medications for his condition. thank you for reading my review.

Galega says :

There should not be any problem in giving Ensure Nutritional milk to an 8 year old child.

However, please don’t expect it to treat your child. For that, you are required to consult a neuro physician and follow the prescription.

Nancy says :

Is there a special formula that is extra high in Calcium?

rainbowbrite replies :

I have not been updated of their product specializing in calcium content, however, you can visit Abbot’s website for the complete updated list of nutritional products sold in the market. There are also some online help options there. Thanks for reading my review.

Galega says :

You can use Ensure Original Nutrition Shake, another Abott product. This is rich in Calcium, along with many other necessary minerals and vitamins.

shahanie p. go says :

how much is this,where can i buy this and im just 17 can i drink this

rainbowbrite replies :

The cost of this product depends on the size of the container or milligram content, ranging from P500 - P650 for the smallest can. You can buy this from regular supermarkets but this has been popularly sold in pharmacies. Thanks for reading my review.

Galega says :

There is no problem as far as your age is concerned. At 17 years you can definitely take Ensure Nutritional Drink. You should take it strictly according to the instructions. Abott is an International brand and it is marketing Ensure range of products throughout the world. You can find it in your country. Just ask a retail pharmacist about it. The price is at affordable range (Rs. 750 per bottle in my country, India).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34308420561231/k2311a083/8.3.08