Canon Powershot S2 IS  » Cameras  »
  • I've had my share of digital cameras over the years, I currently have a Canon Powershot S2 IS, which I bought a couple of years ago, and I must say, it's the best Digital Camera I've had to date
  • However, for travelling, I think the camera is a great choice for anyone
  • I bought a 2 GB card recently for under $10, and with 2 GBs you can take about 500 pictures or shoot a long video
  • Overall, if you want a camera very close to professionals for a price of amateur digital camera, I suggest you check out Canon Powershot S2 IS

• by Zuks

I’ve had my share of digital cameras over the years, I currently have a Canon Powershot S2 IS, which I bought a couple of years ago, and I must say, it’s the best Digital Camera I’ve had to date.

Fist of all, the camera is not really for an everyday use. It’s fairly bulky, needs a large camera bag, and certainly

would not fit a woman purse. However, for travelling, I think the camera is a great choice for anyone.

It uses SD cards, which are very common these days, and thus not very pricey. I bought a 2 GB card recently for under $10, and with 2 GBs you can take about 500 pictures or shoot a long video.

The ...

• quality of pictures is excellent. Even if you use this camera exclusively in automatic mode, you will get pictures of excellent quality. But if you actually take time to figure out various functions and options this camera provides, you will be able to take pictures good enough to be published in National Geographic - and I’m only slightly exaggerating here.

In addition, you can take (relatively) high quality videos with this camera. Of course, you won’t get HD quality picture, but it’s much better than your average youtube quiality (although the video files would be huge). Overall, if you want a camera very close to professionals for a price of amateur digital camera, I suggest you check out Canon Powershot S2 IS.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43308420311231/k2311a083/8.3.08