Macaroni Grill  » Restaurants  »
Route 1 North, Central New Jersey
  • Now, I know that a lot of people complain about chain restaurants and how they have no soul because they are corporations, but do you know what I say to those people
  • I chose the option from the menu that allowed me to create my own pasta and it was excellent, just the way I like it
  • It was tasty and affordable and the prices were definitely fair, no complaints here
  • All in all it was a great experience and I will definitely be going back there this upcoming semester, with friends, family and if I have to, maybe just by myself, haha

• by KatieLynn

This is a nice little chain restaurant located about 10 minutes from where I go to school down in central New Jersey. It is very easy to find, located right off of Route 1 (in the northern direction if I am not mistaken) so getting lost getting to it would be difficult.

I visited this restaurant in March of this year (2008) with my family when they came to visit me at school. Now, I know that a lot of people complain about chain restaurants and how they “have no soul” because they are corporations, but do you know what I say to those people? Get your hoighty-toighty heads out of your hoighty-toighty butts! These places can be tacky at times I will admit, but the Macaroni Grill does

not have all the ridiculous sports and old Hollywood glamour paraphernalia covering the walls. Like the other Macaroni Grills, this was set up very classic-Italian and had a nice atmosphere. There were fresh flowers displayed in the center of the restaurant, and kitchen was visible (with a wide peep-through window) and yet classily hidden all at once, bottles of olive oil decorated racks displayed at the corners of the restaurant, and the restaurant itself was beautiful nice dark wood with bright white table settings and wonderful natural light pouring in from the window at one side of the restaurant.

The service was EXCELLENT. We had the sweetest most patient waiter in the universe, I wanted to wrap him up with my pasta and take him back to ...

• school with me. My sister and I tend to be indecisive when it comes to ordering food, so we ask a lot of questions and not once did he get huffy with us. The food was brought out in a timely fashion, and so we were not waiting 45 minutes for our food like you may at some restaurants. Rather we only waited about 15-20, maybe twenty-five minutes at most to be served. Also, our original waiter was the one who brought us our food, not just a random unintroduced server which is rare, I have found that this never happens!

The food was pretty good too. I chose the option from the menu that allowed me to “create my own pasta” and it was

excellent, just the way I like it. They let you pick the kind of pasta you want, the sauce or sauces that you want used and your choice of vegetables and proteins (meats) that you can add in. Its great, especially if you are picky! A great thing about this place is that they don’t makes the portions way too big like most restaurants they are realistic portions with realistic prices for what you get, not a through-the-roof price for some pasta and chicken. It was tasty and affordable and the prices were definitely fair, no complaints here!

All in all it was a great experience and I will definitely be going back there this upcoming semester, with friends, family and if I have to, maybe just by myself, haha!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7208419660331/k2311a082/8.2.08