Island Time Snorkeling and Swim With Dolphins Tour  » Travel  »
3605 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, Florida 32408 850-234-7377
  • All in all it was an OK tour as we really enjoyed the snorkeling

• by Kimmy

My daughter is obsessed with dolphins and anything that is associated with them. While we were on vacation recently, we took a detour on the way home and went to Panama City Beach, Florida.

While there we booked a snorkeling/swim with dolphins tour through Island Time located on Thomas Drive.

They have both the snorkeling tour for anyone and a sunset tour for adults only.

We arrived and were put on a 55 foot catamaran and

were transferred to an area off Shell Island to snorkel for an hour.

Our whole family loved this part of the tour.

My children were constantly netting different shells and clams and hermit crabs and squealing with delight when they showed us their finds.

The snorkeling was very relaxing and peaceful to swim amongst all the different fish.

We had a blast! They then called us back to the ship, fed us a snack and took ...

• us out to the Gulf Coast side of Shell Island to see and swim with the dolphins.

They did tell us that we might not get to swim with them if the dolphins were not cooperative due to them being wild.

The ocean was a bit rough and the boat never even got close to a dolphin.

We saw a few fins and one jump out of the water, however they still put us in the water, which

was a huge joke! The waves were all over the place you could not have seen a dolphin unless it bumped into you, then you would have to have felt it.

I was really disappointed with this.

I was so hoping my daughter could get at least close enough to see one in the wild.

All in all it was an OK tour as we really enjoyed the snorkeling.

If I do this again it will be snorkeling only!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38208419310331/k2311a082/8.2.08