Greyhound Bus  » General services  »
1.5
  • Since I travel a lot this is something that I feel more than most and I have been searching for a way to make the raising prices effect me as little as possible and I think that the Greyhound Bus system is a decent way for you to avoid the high airfare prices that airlines charge and give your wallet a break
  • Of course it would be a lot easier to just fly but if you consider that it costs just $ 180 for you to take a bus from Texas to New York even though it could cost you $ 350 typically to fly the same trip then this is an option for saving you some real money
  • When I got on the bus I found that the chairs were torn, they did not have much padding and were very uncomfortable which you could not tell from the outside
  • Keep in mind this bus stopped by a ghetto and you could understand it was a bad experience

• by rich

If you are anything like me then you are looking for a way to keep gas prices from slamming you in the wallet. Since I travel a lot this is something that I feel more than most and I have been searching for a way to make the raising prices effect me as little as possible and I think that the Greyhound Bus system is a decent way for you to avoid the high airfare prices that airlines charge and give your wallet a break. Greyhound is a great company because they offer service all around the United States and this makes it possible for you to travel anywhere but bus.

Of course it would be a lot easier to just fly but if you

consider that it costs just $ 180 for you to take a bus from Texas to New York even though it could cost you $ 350 typically to fly the same trip then this is an option for saving you some real money. One thing that is great about this service is that they offer student discounts, military discounts and senior discounts so you can get up to 10% off every ticket that you buy.

I took a Greyhound bus less then a year ago from New Rochelle, NY to Port Jefferson, NY in order to save myself the trouble of having to take the train and bother with transfers but I also saved $10 by using this bus service. When I got on the ...

• bus I found that the chairs were torn, they did not have much padding and were very uncomfortable which you could not tell from the outside.

The bus also smelled and there were some people on there that looks quite suspicious. One of the guys started talking to me and ignoring him girl friend and I talked back to be polite but he talked to me up until the bus ride was over which I found annoying.

He also told me things about himself like his activities in the street which made me scared. I was under the impression that this bus went directly to the city I was going to but it did not.

It stopped and kicked off the passengers and we had

to buy another bus ticket and wait for that bus about 2 hours. Keep in mind this bus stopped by a ghetto and you could understand it was a bad experience.

The guy kept talking to me and it turns out he was getting on the same bus, he did not stop for the entire time until I had gotten where I needed to go. In total the trip was nearly 7 hours for 150 miles away which is very long.

I found their service to be non existent because you had to load your own bags when the bus stopped and take them off when you were waiting on the side of the road for another bus. It took forever and the bus smelled.

Greyhound Bus

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25208418830231/k2311a082/8.2.08