Metro North Rail Road (New York)  » Railway  »
  • If you choose to you can use the train system to get literally anywhere you wish to be within minutes
  • I find the employees of Metro North to also be very helpful, one time my cousin was coming in from school and had asked for me to meet him at the train station ( Penn station) but the train I took had stopped at Grand Central which was the last stop and I did not know how I could meet him at the station that he wanted so I asked the employee and he told me how I could catch the shuttle over there but since the subway machine that I was trying to swipe my card on was not working properly I had to walk
  • However, thanks to him I was able to meet my cousin and I was not all that late either

• by rich

One of the things about New York which makes it different from any state in the union is the fact that you do not need a car to get around the city. This is a result of the great transportation train system which offers service all around New York.

If you are not from here then you may not understand that this system makes it an option for you to own a car.

If you choose to you can use the train system to get literally anywhere you wish to be within minutes.

If you are in Brooklyn and you want to go to the Bronx to head over to Yankee stadium all you have to do is wait for the train to come and within about 15 minutes you

will be there.

If you live in Pelham and need to get to New York city for a job interview or just want to watch a Broadway show all you need to do is wait for the train and within 30 minutes you will find yourself at Grand Central station in New York city.

This is what makes NY great, there is so much to do in the city and this Metro North train system can take you anywhere you want to go.

The trains do not look great, I must say that most often they are beaten down because they are very old and have been used a lot and you can tell that when you sit in a seat but they work well to get you to your destination ...

• pretty fast.

It costs about $ 2 to go just one stop on the train but about $ 5.

50 to use the train as transportation from Westchester NY to the city and you can get there within half an hour which is actually quicker than you driving your car.

The seats are pretty often cramped during rush hours because everyone is trying to get to the city and you can sometimes smell urine on the trains but I still like using them because they get you where you need to go and they do so fast.

but the train I took had stopped at Grand Central which was the last stop and I did not know how I could meet him at the station that he wanted so I asked the employee and he told me how I could catch the shuttle over there but since the subway machine that I was trying to swipe my card on was not working properly I had to walk.

I asked him how I would be able to walk there and he gave me great directions, he said it was only a few blocks and it was but it took a while since I was unsure of where I was actually going.

However, thanks to him I was able to meet my cousin and I was not all that late either.

duane says :

who do i talk to about picking up free rail road ties or used ones that are replace with new ones.a name ,number,or e-mail would be helpful . thank you

Marg says :

You’ll have to contact MTA, which services this railway, you can get all their contact info here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 44208418820231/k2311a082/8.2.08