Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
  • It's actually quite an challenge recreating the pinball experience into a video game
  • I was not able to perform various tricks like juggling the ball with the flippers though, but if you are professional enough, this will definitely be the main thrill point of the game
  • It didn't have that Windows Pinball feel that I love, everything that I can observe in a screen
  • On to the disadvantages, this game had a slightly amount of frustration that you might experience

• by diatomics

I remembered the good old days where I used to spend some time at the arcade, playing some real pinball. There was so much excitement going on, you would actually try your best to beat the highest score( which never actually happened to me though), or try to even beat your personal best.

For all those die hard fans out there, there’s finally something for us fellow PSP gamers to rejoice in. It’s the Pinball Hall Of Fame: The Williams Collection. It’s a huge collection of pinball games available in this series. It’s actually quite an challenge recreating the pinball experience into a

video game. This game however, is not your typical Windows 3D Space Pinball it relies heavily on the law of physics to make that metal ball enter the goal, which will make you either end up in frustration or triumph.

The game was programmed around 10 machines from Pinball manufacturer Williams, this game actually puts you into a sort of like an arcade simulation mode too. You’ll actually have to earn those tokens through playing in the tournament. After you earned enough, you’ll get your change to buy a free play option for a machine so you can play it anytime

you want to.

As you all know that Windows Space 3D Pinball can be a lot of fun, without the use of actual physics calculation for the game. However, this game is slightly different in its way. The credit must go to the creators of this game for the serious accuracy of real world physics in the game. I was not able to perform various tricks like juggling the ball with the flippers though, but if you are professional enough, this will definitely be the main thrill point of the game.

To be honest, I had my fair share of problems getting the feel ...

• Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
      of the game, the cameras kept rolling all around and all that sort. It didn’t have that Windows Pinball feel that I love, everything that I can observe in a screen. The narrated tutorials in the game did help quite a bit. It felt like someone was telling me where to shoot the ball in order for me to score.

On to the disadvantages, this game had a slightly amount of frustration that you might experience. But I definitely stayed patient and tried to experience the game little bit at a time. You would sometimes feel like cracking your PSP into two, because

your ball just missed the target, or you eventually drop the ball beyond your flippers reach. But fear not, after a period of time, you will definitely get used to the playing style.

Overall, I did feel that this game deserved some credit, especially when you don’t see any pinball games lying around the PSP market especially. You would want to have this game to play on the go, especially if you are a pinball fan like I am. If you’re not, I definitely would not advise you to go for this game, because you might get sick and tired of it sooner or later.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28208418430131/k2311a082/8.2.08