Hopes and Fears CD (Keane)

• by Malou

I bought the CD Hopes and Fears basically because of the song “Everybody’s Changing”. I just fell inlove with it the first time I heard it, so I told myself I have to buy the CD.

Hopes and Fears is Keane’s debut album and contains 12 songs.

I must say that it’s a very impressive debut.

I haven’t heard a sound so unique and fresh

in a long time.

The songs are just a pleasure to listen to (very emotional and heartfelt).

You’ll appreciate it the more you listen to it.

For me, the reason why Keane manages to sound so melodic is because instead of using guitars like every other band is doing, the three-man band use a piano (I can’t think of any other band who uses a ...

• piano and no single guitar).

I love Tom Chaplin’s voice and this I think is one of the album’s strongest points.

Not to be outdone are the two other musicians who play their respective instruments quite well.

The album has a good sound clarity which emphasizes the piano sound to perfection (a great CD to listen to when you just want to relax).

However, there

are times when I wished that the CD contains one or two fast songs because surprisingly, most of the tracks are quite slow.

Nevertheless, Hopes and Fears is still one CD worth owning.

Among all the songs, my favorites are “Everybody’s Changing” (really catchy) and “Somewhere Only We Know” (because of its melodic and beautiful lyrics).

If you want to hear something different, buy Hopes and Fears.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14208418420131/k2311a082/8.2.08