Bailey’s American Grille Springfield MO
319 W. Walnut, Springfield, MO 65801
  • We enjoyed the atmosphere of downtown Springfield and thought this establishment fits in quite well
  • I think, like many of the downtown restaurants, it seemed to be set up more for the weekend college sports crowd, not a slow summer Tuesday night
  • Even so, we have not noticed many downtown restaurants that have a salad bar, so we thought this was an excellent addition
  • However, I guess we just felt boring that night
  • I would consider Bailey's a decent downtown Springfield, Missouri restaurant, though certainly not fantastic

• by idabear46

My family ate at Bailey’s American Grille in downtown Springfield, Missouri one Tuesday evening in June 2008, while I was in town for business. While I would not characterize this as one of my favorite restaurants in the area, we liked our food and would probably return next time we are in town.

We enjoyed the atmosphere of downtown Springfield and thought this establishment fits in quite well. There was a lot of outdoor seating, which we really liked. We find it better for our toddler if we can sit outdoors so that he can walk around a little bit, especially

as we wait for food. I think, like many of the downtown restaurants, it seemed to be set up more for the weekend college sports crowd, not a slow summer Tuesday night. So it was slow that night, which suited us just fine.

The salad bar was a nice feature that we found particularly useful for our son. Since we never know what he will like to eat, a salad bar is always nice because it lets us offer him tiny bits of different foods until he decides what he wants. And it is imperative that everything be fresh.

• While some of the items at the salad bar appeared to be on the verge of needing to be replaced, most of the items seemed fresh. Even so, we have not noticed many downtown restaurants that have a salad bar, so we thought this was an excellent addition.

As for the food as the name suggests, it offers the typical American grill fare. My wife and I both ordered just simple cheeseburgers with fries. The burgers were pretty good, not anything special, but not disappointing either. The menu offered a lot of things that were more exciting than burgers.

However, I guess we just felt boring that night. The best thing we had was the crab and spinach dip. Everyone, even our finicky little boy, loved it. He did not care for the macaroni and cheese, though.

The service was generally decent. The staff was pleasant enough. However, I think our table was forgotten at times. Sometimes it seemed our waiter would forget to bring things we had requested (like extra napkins), or just not stop by our table very often to fill up empty glasses.

I would consider Bailey’s a decent downtown Springfield, Missouri restaurant, though certainly not fantastic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7108418111131/k2311a081/8.1.08