GIFTS FOR THOSE TEENAGERS
  • Consider the budget you have to work with, and the age of the person
  • I think he will enjoy having a 'card' to spend as he likes

• by covenly1
      Is there about to be a birthday,for just about a teen-ager, or is, already, a teen? Does this person have specific styles of clothing that you really are not ‘up on’……. and if you were, would you know exactly what size the birthday person preferred to wear that particular type of whatever? The point is: there are people we want to buy something for, that is really something these persons will really enjoy. But, maybe geography is far, and you don’t know what is happening in that person’s life, really.

There are countless reasons why we have truly good reasons as to why we do not know what to buy someone. If the person makes a lot of money, we know the person would have bought it for themselves, had this person wanted it, to start with.

I’ve found that for my younger relatives, who have reached the stage of being expected to pick out their own clothing, etc. , that it is really an appreciated gift.

I give them a gift card to be spent at

a store this particular person enjoys shopping! Target is a good bet for the younger ones, and other cards that are gift cards, are really nice to just wrap, as a gift, or to put into a card, and add a bow! Who does not like money? When it is in a card, it does show that we considered where the person’s likes would be found, by the person who is celebrating! I still am reluctant to just hand people money for a gift, unless it is under special circumstances. It just seems that a little more thought should go into the gift than that.

If the gift card is for a particular type of gift, you can be pretty well assured that the person knows you would have picked it out, yourself, had you known what they would like! If you are really stumped about what this person would possibly enjoy from you, within your budget guidelines, and there is a mall near that person, you can always get them a Mall gift card, and ...

• they can use it anywhere in that mall! Most teens do love to shop malls, I do believe!

A gift card need not be a huge amount to be appreciated. Consider the budget you have to work with, and the age of the person.

With my family, a $25. gift card would be considered large.

My mother had six children, and my husband’s mother had nine children, and reproduction went rampant after that! LOL There are many relatives, and many gift times twixt our two sides of our family, let alone our own children and their children! We do spoil our children and grandchildren, and we love it! One grandchild will be getting a Target Gift Card for his birthday, next weekend. I am doing this, as he HAS everything I can think to buy him! I think he will enjoy having a ‘card’ to spend as he likes.

He may be only going to be eleven, but, with his large family, he gets everything there is to get, and he thinks as a teenager thinks,

already. Think of the young people getting married, and how many are opting for gift cards through such places as Bed, Bath, and Beyond these days! When I got married, 41 yrs ago, it was expected that the people getting married would be signed up at a jewelry store that had a particular pattern of dishes, or something such as that.

These days, people just live differently. Picking out their own gifts, seems to be the ‘way of the day’.

Don’t feel as if you are not giving a ‘proper’ present, by giving a gift card of some sort that fits the person. They have them for grocery stores, complete Mall cards, particular stores, and even Master Cards, Visa Cards, as well as cell phone payments! I think this has been a wise decision on the part of the industries that take part in these types of cards.

If you do not know what to get a person, get them a card, and let them choose what he/she wants on his/her own! It WILL be appreciated! Trust me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 46210341780731/k2311a0321/3.21.06