First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation  » Business  »
1.5
Van Nuys, CA 10180
  • I think this is why they to choose the initial technicians
  • I do not recommend buying a warranty from a company that will fudge the truth to get out of paying for repairs
  • In the end it was not worth all the headaches and expenses I paid out to both companies

• by Almond

I purchased the a 1 year warranty from First American Home Buyers Proctection. After about 4 months, my Central Air Conditioning unit stop cooling. I called First American and they sent out their contracted AC Repair Company for this area. I had to pay the $55 service fee. The next day, a First American Representative called to tell me the report and they will not be paying for any repairs. It was as if they was trying to find a reason not to pay for the repairs instead of looking

for what caused them to happen. I think this is why they to choose the initial technicians. They are not coming to check for repairs that needed to be done but as inspectors.

I called my realtor with the report. She told me she’d heard of this happening with this company before and advised me to call them back and request a second opinion. After holding for countless hours and waiting several days at a time for a callback, they finally scheduled a second opinion. The second company gave a different ...

• report leaving me a copy. Two days later, First American called saying the second company gave the same report as the first. I knew this was not true. I’d spoken to the technician myself and had a copy of the report. So I called the company while the FAHBPC representative was still on the line using three way calling. The owner of the company said he did not tell them what she’d told me. To make a long story short, I thanked him and hung up his line. I called
        the name of the representative and got no response. My blackberry showed that she was still connected. The next day, First American called me and said they will be replacing the air compressor in the unit.

I do not recommend buying a warranty from a company that will “fudge” the truth to get out of paying for repairs. In the end it was not worth all the headaches and expenses I paid out to both companies. I also had expenses from finding other ways to keep cool during the two week period.

Mattie Brooks says :

You are a rip off company. Never fixed my air conditioner, 2 service calls $ 60.00 each. You should be ashamed. You told me if I have my receipts for my maintenance on the unit you would repair it, when I told you I have them, now that’s not enough. This company is a rip off and I will be glad to join the class action against you. Today in 8-5-2013 and I’m closing my account with FAHBP plan, you will not get any more of my hard earned money for nothing, and I will be telling everyone I know to drop you.

J C says :

This company is a rip off. I have been a Realtor for 24 years and personally used them on a residential purchase less than 1 year ago. I purchased a homebuyer’s protection policy. My 50 gallon natural gas direct vent water heater kept going out. I called for service and a plumber came out and changed the thermocouple but wasn’t sure that would fix the problem ($ 60 service call to me). The fix lasted about 40 days and they the problem kept occuring. Another $ 60 service call and the plumber said I needed a new water heater. First American said they would only cover the cost of the water heater ($ 500). There is an additional $ 650 of miscellaneous costs that I must pay to replace the failed water heater. Pretty crazy. $ 120 service calls and $ 650 additional fees. It would have been less expensive to NOT purchase the coverage. I have called serveral times and each time I encounter very rude people. When I ask to speak with a supervisor (2 times) each time they have said they would call the plumber to find out what the additional $ 650 in fees are, and have promised to call me back. To this date, I have NEVER received a call back. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41108417761031/k2311a081/8.1.08