Shatabadi Express  » Railway  »
  • This was definitely a reassuring sight after the numerous cases of bombing incidents in public transport all around the world
  • The bathrooms in the train are modern and have the best amenities
  • Normally traveling by other trains I try to avoid using the washroom as I find it to be very dirty and also stinking quite a lot
  • There is ample space for storing the luggage and there is no problem about the same
  • I prefer to travel by Shatabadi express rather than using other super fast trains as it is faster and much more comfortable

• by bookworm

Shatabadi Express is the super fast train operating in India between various destinations. These trains run on different routes and they cater to tourists as they link up various important cities in India. The frequency varies from route to route.

I have travelled in this train on a couple of occasions and have found the journey to be comfortable and pleasing. On my various trips I have found that these trains are neat and clean unlike other trains running in India. The trains have A.C. chair car coaches where I could sit comfortably and I would recline my seat if I wanted to have a nap. During my last journey I had a very tiring time in the local train which was cramped with passengers and luggage. When I boarded the Shatabadi from Kalka station I was relieved to be in the capable hands of the staff of

the train. The cool environ was very pleasing for me and my family after suffering for hours in the heat. Within a few minutes of the train pulling out of the station the staff started us with snacks and refreshments. My kids were delighted to get a treat of their choice and they were engrossed with themselves.

The security is another thing which is looked into by the police quite seriously. They move around the coach verifying the luggage and pasting stickers for identification on the bags. This was definitely a reassuring sight after the numerous cases of bombing incidents in public transport all around the world.

The bathrooms in the train are modern and have the best amenities. Most important is that they are neat and clean. Normally traveling by other trains I try to avoid using the washroom as I find it to be very dirty ...

• and also stinking quite a lot. My kids did not fuss while visiting the washroom and I also found them to be quite clean.

The train has sufficient storage space for heavy luggage at the top just like in flights where we stow our cabin baggage. There is ample space for storing the luggage and there is no problem about the same. I was carrying 3 big bags and also some other small luggage items, but I could put everything away without any problem.

I think the train has almost all the facilities available in flights and apart from it traveling on land and not being as fast as planes it feels almost the same. These trains run a lot faster and the travel time gets reduced quite considerably. The in built speaker (intercom) informs the passengers about the oncoming station well in advance.

After finishing off the

snacks we had spent some time reading when dinner was served by the staff of the train. The food was fresh and filling and my kids were very happy to eat the ice-cream served later on. The fare is a bit high but it also provides us with extra services which are included in the fare. I don’t mind paying the extra amount for the added benefits it offers.

Our journey was over and we were neither bored nor tired. We had reached Delhi in lesser time and saved a lot of time. My kids did not bother me as they were comfortable and were occupied with the sights and the treats given to them. It was a very pleasing and satisfying experience for my family and me. I prefer to travel by Shatabadi express rather than using other super fast trains as it is faster and much more comfortable.

Akku says :

Can we take pets on Shatabadi on payment basis???

Galega says :

Generally pets are not allowed on the Indian Railways.

If you want to take pats with you, a written permission from the concerned authority is necessary. Further, you are also supposed to travel through first class to be allowed a pet with you. As for charging extra, yes the Railway will charge some extra sum for allowing you pet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 44108417641031/k2311a081/8.1.08