SimulScribe Visual Voicemail Service
1.0
  • They email you the text file but in order for you to view it you would have to constantly be checking your email (keep it mind your just doing this to avoid listening to voice mails you do not want) and when you get an email you would have to click the email to see who the voicemail was from
  • Also, I did not like that I had to check my email all of the time because it can be costly if you do not have a data plan and on top of that I would always get messages that would say there was a problem displaying the page
  • The actual visual voicemail is the best thing you can get, you should pass this imitation up

• by rich

SimulScribe has developed a new feature to be used with any cellular phone that is compliable with the internet. This is their attempt to provide customers with a service that is their version of visual voicemail which is offered by Cingular to its customers. So another words, if you are a customer of Verizon, T-mobile, or Sprint (obviously there are other providers) and you are looking to put a visual type mail service on your phone then you can sign up for this site and they will help you get a similar service to what Cingular offers.

So what is the difference? Well the simulscribe feature can be used with almost any phone where as the other visual voice mail feature only works for phones which already include it. Also, the simulscribe feature takes the literal meaning of the word visual and includes it in their service.

The word visual means

that you are able to see something and this is what Simulscribe gives you with your mail, when you get an voice mail this service will email you your voicemail in a text version of what the person said. They will also include a audio version of the voicemail so that you can hear what the person says (which is all that visual voice mail is).

In theory this lets you do the same thing as the original voice mail because if you do not want to see the message that the person left you then you do not have to read it or ever click the audio file to listen but I find that the actual visual voicemail is better because you can click on the voicemail you actually want to hear and it will play within seconds where as the Simulscribe feature would require you to flick through ...

• your email to find out who called and either ignore it or delete it if you are not ready to listen to that voice mail. That sounds a bit like email right? Well, I did sign up for this simulscribe feature and I was not very happy with what I got because what I expected was the service to be exactly like the visual voicemail and what I got was anything but that.

They email you the text file but in order for you to view it you would have to constantly be checking your email (keep it mind your just doing this to avoid listening to voice mails you do not want) and when you get an email you would have to click the email to see who the voicemail was from. This means that one essential feature of the original visual voicemail was gone because you can’t really

skip messages.

Also, I did not like that I had to check my email all of the time because it can be costly if you do not have a data plan and on top of that I would always get messages that would say there was a problem displaying the page. So, I was paying $10 a month just for a service to write out my voicemail and email it to me.

I had to pay more to access them and I was not allowed to skip through them and I had trouble getting to them. On top of that the text was often inaccurate because it is done by machine.

I canceled the service after the first month because it is a lot of money since it does not work well and offers very little. The actual visual voicemail is the best thing you can get, you should pass this imitation up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 223107417571131/k2311a0731/7.31.08