Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
33 Alan Pya Phaya Road , Dagon Township , Yangon , Myanmar
  • I was very impressed with the decor of the reception lounge, so huge, spacious, and beautifully decorated
  • The inhouse restaurants served delicious cuisines, Myanmar, Chinese, Japanese, and western
  • I enjoyed the Japanese tempura, sushi, and sashimi very much
  • It was very easy and very convenient for me to attend to my business appointements in the downtown business districts
  • I would recommend Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel to my colleagues and friends who might from time to time be visiting Yangon, on their business trips or for holidays

• by Mark Williams

I had the opportunity to visit Myanmar a few times. When I was in the City of Yangon, I chose to stay at hotels right in the downtown core, or conveniently close to downtown core. There were a few excellent options available with very modern hotels established in the City. On one of my visits there, I stayed at the Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel which was actually just a few minutes walk into the downtown area.

Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel was one of the most luxurious hotels in the City. It was a huge colonial style building. It was located on Alan Pya Phaya Road, which leads into the

center of the City.

I was very impressed with the decor of the reception lounge, so huge, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The staff at the reception counter were so hospitable and courteus, in the traditional Myanmar ways. That really made me feel very pleasant and comfortable coming to their hotel.

I had a deluxe suite on a high floor with a beautiful view of the city skyline. The suite was very spacious and luxuriously furnished, complete with all the amenities, satellite TV, inhouse movies, IDD telephone, mini bar, coffee maker. The inhouse restaurants served delicious cuisines, Myanmar, Chinese, Japanese, and western.

I enjoyed the Japanese tempura, sushi, and sashimi very much.

• Room services were very prompt and friendly too, always making sure the guests were satisfied. It was very easy and very convenient for me to attend to my business appointements in the downtown business districts.

Taxis were easily available right in front of the Hotel , running along the Alan Pya Phaya Road. The Hotel also provided limousine service when needed. The Hotel was fairly close to the Bogyoke Market, one of the largest shopping centers in the City, and to the Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the most highly revered Pagodas in the Buddhist world.

I didn’t miss the chance to go to Bogyoke Market and Shwedagon Pagoda. In fact, Bogyoke Market was

just ten minutes walk from the Hotel. It was a very impressive market, especially for those who would like to see all the beautiful jewellery made with the famous Myanmar gemstones.

The lobby lounge of the Hotel was the place I spend the evenings relaxing and enjoying the refreshing cocktails from the bar. Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel was an excellent place to stay in the City of Yangon. My stay that time was very comfortable, pleasant, and very memorable.

I look forward to going back there if I would be visiting Yangon again in the future. I would recommend Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel to my colleagues and friends who might from time to time be visiting Yangon, on their business trips or for holidays.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23107417491131/k2311a0731/7.31.08