Holiday Inn Crown Plaza Bangkok  » Hotels  »
981 Silom Road , Bangkok , Thailand
  • So I decided to stay at a hotel in the area to be conveniently commutable
  • This was a perfect and very convenient location for me to travel to places of my business appontments
  • I found it so interesting to see buyers and sellers bargaining for the best prices
  • I would surely recommend the place to my business colleagues back home too, and to my friends planning on going on holidays to Thailand

• by Mark Williams

Silom Road is one of the busiest rodes in the City of Bangkok, Thailand, because it is right in the center of the Silom-Suriwongse buisness district of the City. Throughout the day, the district would be full of traffic , business people and foreign tourists plying along the streets. I was in Bangkok at one time to meet with people of the buisness community in Silom business centers. So I decided to stay at a hotel in the area to be conveniently commutable.

There were many very nice hotels there to choose. I felt that it would be better to choose a hotel located toward the end of Silom Road, instead of right in the crowded middle section of the road. Holiday Inn Crown Plaza was the perfect choice, being located right on Silom

Road , yet towards the end of the road.

I had known that Holiday Inn Crown Plaza was one of the luxurious hotels in the City. Still, when I walked in to the reception area, I was so amazed with the grandeour of the lounge, so large and so attractively decorated. I immediately got the feeling that I would be staying in a beautiful and luxurious environment.

The staff at the reception counter was so friendly and hospitable, in the traditional Thai ways, greeting and smiling, making the guests feel totally at home. I had a deluxe room on a high floor, very spacious and well furnished. It had a spectacular view of the Silom skyline.

As expected , all the amenities, satellite TV, inhouse video, IDD telephone, mini bar, were there. The inhouse restaurants ...

• served a variety of items, Thai, Chinese, East Indian, and western cuisines. The buffet lunches and dinner were so enjoyable.

The business center was really well facilitated with all the hi-tech facilities. The center provided all the services I needed in preparing my business papers and documents. The staff was very experienced and friendly.

This was a perfect and very convenient location for me to travel to places of my business appontments. The Hotel was very close to shopping centers, Chinatown district, and famous Buddhist Temples. This was an ideal place for tourists and holiday makers to stay too.

They could spend all the time they wish visitng all those Thai markets, beautiful jewellery shops, and many places of interest very nearby. The night bazaar along Silom Road also was an attraction

for tourists. I found it so interesting to see buyers and sellers bargaining for the best prices.

The lounge in the hotel was a perfect place to relax, at the end of the long business day, with a refreshing cocktail from the Cheers Pub, while enjoying live music. It was the perfect choice I made to stay at Holiday Inn Crown Plaza that time. It was very plesant and memorable.

The Hotel was a perfect place for businessmen like me and for holiday makers interested in visiting places of interest in the City of Bangkok. I look forward to going back to Holiday Inn Crown Plaza should I be going to Bangkok for businesses in the Silom business district in the future. I would surely recommend the place to my business colleagues back home too, and to my friends planning on going on holidays to Thailand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23107417451131/k2311a0731/7.31.08