Burt’s Bees Beeswax LipBalm  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is the best quality chapstick I have ever used
  • Both are great, but for some odd reason I prefer the kind in the tin
  • It is not, in my opinion, unpleasant quite the opposite, I enjoy it
  • This has to do, again, with the moisturizing element of the formula that they use, which is again in my opinion, perfected

• by KatieLynn

Like a lot of other girls my age, I have discovered Burts Bees Beeswax LipBalm and I never turned back to the chapstick brand afterwards. This is the best quality chapstick I have ever used!!!

Now, the entire burts bees line is impressive, but this item is great to just toss in your bag or stuff into your pocket and good for use anytime. The best part is, it lasts a very long time because of how much firmer beeswax chapstick is than the normal wax you would get in your average chapstick. I have used both the push up kind in the tube, and the kind that comes in a tin. Both are great, but for some odd reason I prefer the kind in

the tin. I feel like I get more control over how much I put on, and it feels like you get more than you get in the tube.

This stuff comes in a lot of great varieties like strawberry, kiwi, watermelon, honey, lifeguard, medicated, etc. The list goes on, and this is great that they have different types of formulas for different needs. For example, if you have lips that chap and are PAINFUL, you get the medicated kind. If you work out in the sun a lot, use the lifeguard chapstick. Whatever your requirements, I am positive that you will find something for you in the Burts Bees line.

I use the original formula, for “soothing, cooling and refreshing” (you can easily find what each ...

• one is made for by looking either at the back of the box, or the side/back of the tube or tin, so don’t worry about it if you are unsure of what I mean right now). This one is my absolute favorite because of the tingling cooling effect that it has after you apply it to your lips. It is not, in my opinion, unpleasant quite the opposite, I enjoy it. It feels like it is doing something, really moisturizing my lips the way I sometimes need for them to be. This leads me to my next point this works wonders for softening your lips. If you have chapped and/or rough lips, then by using this regularly it can help to
        smooth out and soften your lips. This has to do, again, with the moisturizing element of the formula that they use, which is again in my opinion, perfected. Like I mentioned earlier, I have not gone back to any other chapstick since I started to use this, it is just too good that nothing can top it in my eyes now.

Another great helpful element to this chapstick is that it can be used underneath any lipstick or lipgloss, and if you want an extra layer of moisture or need to even out a too-bold lip color, just dab a little on OVER the top of lipstick (after you’ve already applied it) and blend it out. It will moisturize and make the color more subtle all at once!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313107417381031/k2311a0731/7.31.08