Harold & Kumar go to White Castle  » Movies  »
  • The interesting thing about Harold & Kumar is the fact, plot wise, it's really not a great movie
  • I didn't think it would be that great at first but it definitely was much better than I thought it would be and I would definitely recommend it

• by Steve

OK, I’ll admit it. When Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle came out, I figured it was going to be a very stupid movie and didn’t take the time to watch it. But, last night, on a hunch, I gave it a try.

And, I have to say I not only liked it; I loved it. The interesting thing about Harold & Kumar is the fact, plot wise, it’s really not a great movie.

But, it’s very similar to the film Dude Where’s My Car in that it has enough funny moments in it to keep

it entertaining even though it tends to stray from the main plot (a couple of druggies get the munchies and are on a quest to go to White Castle). I’m not even sure which was my favorite; the scenes at Princeton University, their run-in with racist cops or one of the many other adventures they find themselves on while trying to get to Cherry Hill, New Jersey in an effort to find a 24-Hour White Castle (because the one closest to them was turned in to a Burger Shack).

I really loved the scenes with Neil Patrick ...

• Harris playing himself. Not only did he pretend to be high on drugs, he ends up stealing their car.

That’s something you wouldn’t expect a celebrity like him to be willing to do in a movie. Maybe play someone who is like that; not use their own name and pretend they are like that in real life.

On a more personal note, part of the reason my wife and I rented this film in the first place was we decided to stay home this past weekend rather than go out with friends. And, to kill the boredom

and because she really wanted to relax and have fun, we turned the movie into a drinking game.

If you really want to get drunk, we found you can do so by taking a drink everytime they say the words White Castle. You’ll have some long lulls but you will then have them repeat the words several times in a minute to make up for it.

After seeing this film, I’m ready to rent the sequel to it. I didn’t think it would be that great at first but it definitely was much better than I thought it would be and I would definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113107417221031/k2311a0731/7.31.08