Axon Fitness Club New Rochelle  » Health  »
1.5
236 North Ave, New Rochelle, NY 10801
  • I won a membership to this place in a super bowl better pool and I had high hopes for this club but when I went I was disappointed in what I found
  • This is shocking but I found that it is the case, if you know the people that work there you are let in based on you saying that you belong inside

• by rich

If you have never heard of Axon Fitness Clubs then your probably never will hear of them, This is an exercise club that operates as an alternative to more popular clubs like Ballys which is a good thing until you become a member and realize that this organization has many problems. I won a membership to this place in a super bowl better pool and I had high hopes for this club but when I went I was disappointed in what I found. First, the club has almost no security at all and they do not promise members a secure facility.

In fact, they do not even check ID cards when members enter the club. Instead of issuing cards and checking those with the members that belong to the club, here they admit customers based on

the if the employees that work at the fitness center recognize them.

This is shocking but I found that it is the case, if you know the people that work there you are let in based on you saying that you belong inside. They never check and do not run members names through the computer to verify their identity.

In any event, when I got these I found a very small building and the machines were located in what used to be a basement. There were not many machines at all, they had limited amounts of everything includes two sets of free weighs, three treadmills, three elliptical and four machines for bench pressing.

I was amazed at the low number of cardio machines until I realized that there were also limited numbers of heavy weight machines. There ...

• was no exercise bike or the rowing machine.

They had no abdominal machines either. This results in members getting a very limited workout because they lacked machines that you may need to accomplish the workout you desire.

Even if you liked the machines that they did have I found that I often had to wait around for ten minutes to use a machine when I wanted it. If you think that is a short amount of time just imagine waiting for every machine you need until you are leaving.

They also have no showers which means that members leave dirty and the lock room was very small which made me uncomfortable in the times when there were a lot of people around. Also, there were a lot of people here working out in jeans which is unsafe

but the staff never said anything to them.

The membership that I was given was good for a year but I did not like the club so I found a different one within two months, I found the selection of machines to be tool limited even though I liked the fact they offer flat fees to their members that do not require a contract for you to sign up. You could get a year of member for $ 120 which is much cheaper than you will find if you were to go to another gym and in this case your not required to sign a contract, but you should remember you get what you pay for especially in this case.

They have very few machines, the building is pretty small and there is no security or showers within the building.

Tracey says :

When were you last there? What you wrote about is not true with the exception of security, but I`ve never been a gym with security.

Pat says :

This review is bullshit. We check all members, have more then three machines, we have showers, etc etc etc. I can continue but this review must be a joke. Check us out for yourself, and if this review is true I will give you a free membership.

MARK says :

Are you reviewing the correct club I used to be a member about a year ago and your review does not seem accurate.

Henry says :

THIS IS THE WORST REVIEW I HAVE EVER READ I JUST FINISHED CHECKING OUT THIS GYM AND THIS WHOLE REVIEW IS BULLSHIT. JUST A PERSON WHO WAS UPSET AT SOMETHING STUPID.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343107417141031/k2311a0731/7.31.08