New Rochelle, NY  » Travel  »
  • However, I must tell you that the New York that you see on TV is Manhattan and this depiction in the media is not the same as the New York you will experience if you go to another city within New York
  • I have eaten at many of these places and I feel the best pizza is found at A No
  • They are a bit expensive but you will find that the cost is well worth it because they have an amazing extra large pizza for $ 20 or an amazing $ 9 lasagna which is the best I have ever tried
  • The food here is plentiful and it is very delicious and being that I am on a budget I eat it whenever I am in town
  • If you are not from here and you visit just be aware that this is not the NY you see on TV and if you expect that you will be disappointed

• by rich

If you have never been to New York I am sure it is something you have considered in your life, since the media makes this state look very glamorous and this makes people want to come here. However, I must tell you that the New York that you see on TV is Manhattan and this depiction in the media is not the same as the New York you will experience if you go to another city within New York. I find that most people not from the state are unaware of this, in any event New Rochelle is a city near Yonkers and Bronx and it offers very little on the side of attractions to tourists with the exception of their New Roc City attraction which was developed in 1998.

It includes a very large acade room that allows children to exchange tickets gained

from winning games and use those tickets to turn them into prizes. The building also includes a glow in the dark mini golf attraction, a pool billards attraction and a movie cinema with 20 screens and an I-Max.

If you are in this town then I suggest you visit this attraction because it will keep your kids entertained for hours on end. The city itself is not very safe, there is a lot of gangs and violence in sections of the city but the New Roc building is very safe and security because they have police around the building and lots of security.

Other then this you can take your children out to eat at Mcdonalds (they have two in New Rochelle ) or one of their great pizza stores. If you are not from NY then you know that NY is famous for ...

• their great pizza and that is one thing this town offers which is great pizza.

I have eaten at many of these places and I feel the best pizza is found at A No. 1 pizza store.

They are a bit expensive but you will find that the cost is well worth it because they have an amazing extra large pizza for $ 20 or an amazing $ 9 lasagna which is the best I have ever tried. If you would rather eat Mexican food you should eat at a restaurant called the Little Mexican Café because the prices are reasonable and the food is good.

If you get the shredded tacos you will love them. If your looking for some cheap eats you should visit the Diamond Chinese restaurant because you can eat a meal of chicken wings and fried rice for $

25 which is a lot lower than most plates offered anywhere else. The food here is plentiful and it is very delicious and being that I am on a budget I eat it whenever I am in town.

As far as shopping they do not have much other than Stop & Shop and this is just for food. If your looking for a dessert you should visit the Dunkin Donuts here because they have the best coffee in town but if your looking for something to do you will have a hard time finding anything to do.

There is a Target in the next town and also a Starbucks and this is all they have to offer. If you are not from here and you visit just be aware that this is not the NY you see on TV and if you expect that you will be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383107417071031/k2311a0731/7.31.08