Holiday Inn Hotels Medical Center, Houston  » Hotels  »
2.5
CA, Houston, TX, USA
  • Perhaps the best way to protect yourself would be to call your bank/credit card company and get a replacement card if possible as soon as you check out of the hotel, or get them to block all future charges from the hotel (I am not sure if they will agree to do this), but worth a try

• by Meera
      The Holiday Inn hotels are generally known for their reliability, comfort and (average) service and are suitable for the traveller on a budget. Booking through priceline, especially for holiday packages rather than just for a hotel, the Holiday Inn tops the list for value for money.

That said, please note a few things: you may not always get the kind of room you thought you were booking on the internet through priceline.

They might promise a suite but might give you one of the smallest rooms in the hotel - this happened to

me until I insisted that they change my room after one night.

I had booked a room with a kitchen and gotten a VERY small room instead! This was at the Holiday Inn Hotels and Suites last year.

The manager finally agreed and shifted me to a suite on another floor and promised there would be no extra charge.

When I checked out of the hotel 9 days later, I had no outstanding bills since everything had been prepaid, and I had incurred no charges while I stayed there.

(They nearly charged me ...

• $17 for a breakfast I had never ordered until I pointed out to them that the order had been made from my room before I moved into it on the second day of the my stay there .

Breakfast had obviously been ordered by the previous occupant!) To my amazement, I later saw in my bank statement that the hotel had charged me $45 two days after I had checked out! They did not respond to my emails for 9 months querying the charge on my card.

About a month ago, someone from

the hotel emailed me and said they would “look into it”.

Since then, there has been no word from them despite several emails from me.

So, their average service and “modest” prices were not so ‘average’ or ‘modest’ after all!

Perhaps the best way to protect yourself would be to call your bank/credit card company and get a replacement card if possible as soon as you check out of the hotel, or get them to block all future charges from the hotel (I am not sure if they will agree to do this), but worth a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2200341640331/k2311a0320/3.20.06