Strand Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
Strand Road , Yangon , Myanmar
  • It was at a very convenient location for my businesses, at the same time at a very nice quiet and pleasant place
  • I was so impressed with the style of the hotel building as I walked into the front lounge to the reception counter
  • I certainly enjoyed the Myanmar specialities too
  • I would recommend it to holiday makers too

• by Mark Williams

On one of my visits to Yangon, Myanmar, I chose to stay at one of the most famous hotels in the City. It was Strand Hotel located on Strand Road facing the beautiful Yangon River. The hotel was in downtown Yangon close to the bustling business district, government centers, and shopping centres. It was at a very convenient location for my businesses, at the same time at a very nice quiet and pleasant place. I was so impressed with the style of the hotel building as I walked into the front lounge to the reception counter.

It was a colonial style building, one wouldn’t find too often as a hotel. The front lounge was very spacious,

elegantly decorated, and luxuriously furnished. The reception staff was very hospitable and courteous, giving all the necessary attention to needs of the guests. I felt very homely and contented with the service there.

I had a deluxe suite on the upper floor. It was so beautifully furnished, with a king size bed. It had a separate sitting room furnished with nice sofas. The famous Myanmar teak flooring looked so gorgeous too.

It had air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini bar. The shower room was huge and looked brand new with the sinks and taps glittering. The suite had an awesome view of the city skyline. Wireless internet access was available, which was a necessity for me to keep ...

• in touch with my office back home.

The restaurant on the lobby floor was very spacious offering Asian and international cuisines. I certainly enjoyed the Myanmar specialities too. Room service was also very prompt, and made sure the guests received the orders made. The business centre in the hotel was very helpful for me in preparing my business papers and documents.

The centre had all the modern facilities needed. That was an excellent service. It was very convenirent for me to go the places of my business, some just a few minutes walking distance, and some again a few minutes by taxi. The traffic along the streets in the City were quite commutable.

It was

also very enjoyable to walk along the evening bazaars along the streets just two blocks from the hotel. That was a really bustling downtown business district. I was very comfortable staying at the Strand Hotel. The location was perfect for my business activities, and the facilities and services were excellent.

Strand Hotel was absolutely a place for business travelers like me to stay, and also perfect for holiday makers who would like to enjoy the downtown district of the City of Yangon. I look forward to going back to the Strand Hotel on my future visits to Yangon. I would suggest it to my business associates too who might have the chance to visit Yangon in the near future. I would recommend it to holiday makers too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23107416060831/k2311a0731/7.31.08