Hairspray (2007)  » Movies  »
0.5
  • This is another wannabe musical for the modern era that just didn't make the grade as far as I can see

• by Jermaine McKenzie

Hairspray, directed by Adam Shankman is rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America for language, some suggestive content and momentary teen smoking. The original release date was July 20, 2007 for United States audience. This movie falls in the genre of Comedy/Musical/Romance and stars John Travolta as Edna Turnblad, Michelle Pfeiffer as Velma Von Tussle, Christopher Walken as Wilbur Turnblad, Amanda Bynes as Penny Pingleton, James Marsden as Corny

Collins, Queen Latifah as Motormouth Maybelle, Brittany Snow as Amber Von Tussle, Zac Efron as Link Larkin, Elijah Kelley as Seaweed and Allison Janney as Prudy Pingleton.

According to what they are trying to say te plot is, a pleasingly plump teenager teaches people about integration after getting a role at a television dance show. This is another wannabe musical for the modern era that just didn’t make the grade as far ...

• as I can see.

Is it me, or is John Travolta dressed up as a big woman for no seemingly rational reason? Is it safe to say that they couldn’t have found a real woman to act that role, or was the role actually created for a man dressed up in drag? I don’t get it.

Another thing I don’t get, is the whole creation of this movie. Everytime I try to sit

down and get into the heart of this film, I just have to change and goto watch smething else, this movie diesn’t have what it takes to keep me locked to the screen. You want to talk about musicals…let’s talk about “Little Shop of Horrors” now that is great entertainment. This movie isn’t worth my time and I refuse to watch it based on the fact that it isn’t worth watching.

Hairspray (2007)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113107416030831/k2311a0731/7.31.08