The Phantom of the Opera  » Movies  »
2.7
  • I love the songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber (I think he's a genius)

• by Malou

The Phantom of the Opera is one of my most favorite musicals. I love the songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber (I think he’s a genius).

I especially love ‘The Music of the Night’.

That’s why when I heard that it was going to be made into a movie, I really looked

forward to it.

Adding to my excitement is Gerard Butler as the phantom (he’s one good-looking actor).

Directed by Joel Schumacher and set in the 19th century, it’s the story of Christine Daee (Emmy Rossum), a young star haunted by the voice of the phantom (Gerard Butler), a musical genius who hides behind the shadows because of his facial disfigurement (he has a burnt face) but always sings to her.

The phantom lives in the chambers beneath the Paris opera house where he manages to write the shows and even casts it.

He gets mad if someone disobeys him.

When Christine falls ...

• The Phantom of the Opera
      inlove with another man, the phantom goes into a fierce rage because he loves Christine so much.

I love this movie not just because of the songs, but also because of the amazing sets, costumes, and art direction.

The actors all gave good performances especially Minnie Driver (who proves to be

a competent comedianne), and Emmy Rossum (who was a revelation, I didn’t even know that she could sing).

It’s just one romantic movie.

I actually felt sorry for the phantom when Christine didn’t choose him.

If you want to be entertained and hear lovely music, watch The Phantom of the Opera.

The Phantom of the Opera

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113107415510731/k2311a0731/7.31.08